LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool wfe320m0as Display/Control Not Working

Herdon

Hello All! Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. 

I'm having an issue with my whirpool wfe320m0as. The stove top will still work, but the display/controls are all blank. It started off as an intermittent issue at first (it would go blank for ten or so minutes & then come back on), and then 3 days ago it never would light back up. I had a strong power surge that fried a ceiling fan control box and other things about 3 days before it went completely black. The intermittent issues were happening before that, and even after.

-A little about myself:

I come from an IT background with some experience in electronics/electrical components. I'm pretty decent at troubleshooting, but appliances aren't necessarily my forte. I have repaired my own dryer in the past, so I figure I should be able to tackle this beast as well. I have a multi-meter and what not to be able to check voltages. 

I guess my question is, where do I start? I've reset it at the breaker multiple times with no luck. 

Thanks Again!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herdon

• darren412

plug the stove in to a good receptacle with a good extension cord not a cheap one.  That way you can eliminate any problems that may have been cause in the supply line that is existing to your stove. Then check the stoves  power cord for any inconsistencies.   If the control board is getting L1 and Neutral  after checking the stoves cord and the control is still giving you the same issues then The control board is most likely fried so  If your an IT man as you say , take the board out and dis assemble it from the housing and look for a burn't contact or something in the control board that may look like it will need to be resoldered.  If nothing is visible then I would replace the control.  The schematic wiring sheet should be located on the back of the stove in a pouch adhered to the back somewhere.   It may also be on the underside of the pots and pans draw area.

Edited by darren412
additional wording

Darren,

I metered out a few things and realized my issue was stemming from the receptacle itself. I was able to "wiggle" the cord enough and I guess it contacted again. I will be replacing it over the weekend. 

Thanks for your help & best wishes,

-Matt