Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Washer WM3360HVCA Leaking with a twist

kavadon

Hi all,

Our LG Washer WM3360HVCA has started leaking during certain cycles. It will not leak during Speedwash/Quickwash cycles, but will create a large pool under the washer during most of the other cycles we've tested. I've already replaced the cold water inlet valve assembly (as this was a problem a couple of years ago), but the problem is still happening. Doesn't appear to be leaking from either the hot or cold water inlets at this point.

I've ordered the drain bellows for the bottom and kit should arrive Tuesday. Just looking for other thoughts.

Thanks,
Kav

Only way to fix the leak is to find it. Very difficult to do on these machines. Start by taking off the top cover and running a cycle as you normally would. I've had to check for leaks by removing the front panel and manually filling with water. Caught many drain hoses leaking that way. 

Typically...a hole/tear in the Drain Bellows (underneath the washer)...will leak in all cycles. Low probabilty.

Open the door...using a bright flashlight...inspect the gasket thoroughly and deliberately.

A small hole or perforation may be the cause of the leak. Usually at or around the 6 o'clock location. 

Testing for leaks...without laundry in the tub...is usually futile...as water never gets pushed/splashed up to the level of the gasket/door area.

Running a cycle with clothing...in the Permanent Press Cycle (uses most amount of water)...will guarantee water entering the door gasket area for leak testing purposes.

If no leaks are found...then the only other possibilty would be...incorrect type or amount of detergent usage.

During the spin cycle...suds can leak out of the rear air vent...which later becomes liquid...around 1 to 3 cups quantity. This type of leak...is more intermittent.

Correct amount of "he" detergent is as follows (disregard detergent instructions entirely).

HE : (2) Tablespoons Per Wash (regardless of load size).

HE 2X: (1)Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

It is worth repeating...

***Disregard Detergent Instructions***

Also...

Do not use the "Max" line in the detergent dispenser drawer...as a measuring guide.

Edited by john63

Had a situation recently where the dispenser was partially clogged. Eventually it would overfill and drain out the bottom of the machine. Customer was putting pods in the dispenser and the membrane had partially gooped up the dispenser. It appeared to be a leak at the bottom near the drain pump at first. Just another thought.

• Confused 1

if your dispenser housing is a two piece housing then its possible that it may leak water where the top part snaps into the bottom part.  when the water enters the dispenser in a different way in different cycles it finds different ways to flow inside the dispenser housing .  I just for the heck of it took the top part of the dispenser off and silicone it good and snapped the top back on and let it cure for 20 minutes at least and then the leak never reappeared. Apparently it was coming from the top of the dispenser where it snaps on.  The fact that you have said it was pooling  down underneath the washer may also mean that where the 2 halves of the outer tub meet where the gasket is, It may possibly be dripping down from the seem somewhere that you just cant see. sometimes tiny pieces of the spider that may break away will also punch a tiny hole in the outer tub some where and leak.  I 've run into that before also.    Hope this helps

If this is like a ton of LG washers we are seeing i would take a good look at all inlet solenoid valves. We have been seeing the core seals on the valves leaking slowly. Unless you look right at the valve its easy to miss. The valve cores leak slowly all the time, but when customers are using the machine the valves leak quite a bit more as the valves cycle. Sometimes you cant even see the water but if you touch the very top of the solenoid you will have water on you finger! ..just something to keep an eye on! We are seeing at least 1  a week..hot and cold side (single and triple solenoid valves.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, but only got a chance to tackle this over the weekend due to kids' practices and games last week. Thanks for all of the feedback; will store it away for future reference as I'm sure I will have this problem again.

The leak was actually the drain bellows on the bottom of the drum. Turned out to be a sesame seed sized hole that had developed to the rubber seam on the bottom of the bellows. I could not see it before without disassembly of the cabinet, and didn't have time to do that process during last week because of the small size of our laundry room.

Had received the new bellows and installed them with some elbow grease and profanity laced muttering. Machine running like new again.

Thanks again all.