Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest BigGeorge

Kenmore Gas Dryer...

7 posts in this topic

Kenmore, appx 12 years old.  Igniter stopped working.  installed igniter.  Nothing.  Installed new coils. Nothing. Checked continuities.  All closed and apparently no opens.  Help!!! 110-97478100

George

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

George,  did you check the thermal fuse before replacing the ignitor?  On your model its located in back,  behind the panel to the left of the vent on the blower housing.   It''s white with 2 wires going to it.   Jump the wires and see if the ignitor fires up.   If that's it,  replace the fuse...Ron

I'll check it out.  Thanks for the tip.

Ron, I feel like a big dope. That was it.  Well I had a chance to clean out all the lint so it won't catch fire.  :D

Thanks for providing a very nice service!

Geo

That fuse blew and the lint was in the dryer because the air flow is restricted from the dryer to the outside.  Check your vent housing in the home..

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help with a White-Westinghouse gas dryer?  I took the vent off the back, cleaned the lint, and found that the igniter glows orange for about 4 seconds and then goes off.  It repeats this cycle about once every 4 minutes if left on.  I am guessing the problem is due to excessive lint and lack of ventilation. Can this dryer tumble and have the igniter glow if a fuse is blown? From the info i've gathered I have narrowed it down to thermal fuse, bad heating element, lack of electricity, or lack of gas.  Any help is appreciated. I'm a washer/dryer newbie, plz help!!!!!!

More likely the coils on top of your gas valve have gone bad. ...you have gas turned on to the dryer..?.