LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung DW80F600UTS dishwasher not turning on

mzero

Hi.... We have a Samsung DW80F600UTS dishwasher that is not turning on... Yesterday I had to interrupt a cycle due to a leak in the drainage sink, and left the door of dishwasher open and didn't try to turn it off because, frankly, I forgot about it after dealing with the dramatic leak, and while waiting for a silicon seal to cure overnight...

Today, the dishwasher will not turn on... No lights appear in the switch panel at the top of the unit. 

What I have done so far: Confirmed that there is power arriving to the main PCB board behind the white plastic cover behind the kick plate (first checked the power as it arrives to the unit from power cord, then checked power on the board itself); also inspected the PCB and there isn't any visual evidence of something gone wrong; Shut off the breaker for the dishwasher, and turned it back on after a couple minutes. Nothing.

I can't find any good info on the internet nor in the service manual about this problem, because there are no error codes showing up... At first I assumed it might me to thermal fuse, but if it was the thermal fuse wouldn't there still be power to the switch panel with an error code?

Seemed to me that it must be the main board, but I can't find a way to troubleshoot the main board. The main board is easy to replace, but I'm wondering if there could be something else I am missing?

I have zero experience with appliances but I repair guitar amps and other musical electronic gear, so I have some familiarity with electronics. I would be grateful for thoughts and advice, even if it means I need to step up and have a real repair person out to troubleshoot.

Thanks very much!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mzero

• KaveMan

• Scottthewolf

• powrpacks

I hate it when you are dealing with one crisis only to have another one as a result! Guess if it was me, I would verify a good 120 v to the board, check the door switch, then if both okay, kill the power and disconnect wiring to isolate the board for and hour. Then reconnect, power up and see what happens.

Replace the dishwasher with a Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool.   Samsung dishwashers SUCK!

Hi... Thanks georgerdavis... will do... I confirmed there is power to the board... I'll pull the unit and disconnect the power completely... The latch "seems" okay, but good point it should be tested to make sure....

And Scottthewolf, we would never have purchased a Samsung dishwasher!! It came with the house... If it ends up that we have to replace it, I can promise it will NOT be another Samsung... 

• 9 months later...

First of all, I'm not a board swapper. I've been in electronic component level repair person for over 30yrs. I just want folks to understand my background before offering advice.

I picked up this Samsung DW80F600UTS from my neighbors garbage. It was such a nice looking machine that I couldn't pass it up! I talked to him about the machine and he said he was tired of the service calls to fix this exact same problem. So I pulled the machine over to my shop to confirm the issue. The washer would run for a while then just go dead with no response from key panel. Only by removing power for a while to allow full discharge of caps in power supply, would the machine again function after powering back up. Here's what I've found to fix the problem.

I first removed and inspected the lower main circuit board, tested for function and tested all electrolytic caps, and I viewed under microscope for thermal solder failures. It appeared to be fine. Next I inspected bus lines connecting main board and input panel touch control board for failures from repetitive door operation and the wires appeared fine. Next I removed the touch control board, which was a little tougher due to the adhesive used to assemble. I found c23 and c24 to be completely covered with corrosion. The board is partially protected by silicon conformal coating but there were a few places that were not covered. I don't know how it had gotten wet, possibly from condensation. After fully cleaning the components, I applied conformal fluid to all exposed areas and reassembled. I haven't had any issues now for over two weeks so I hope this was the culprit. Without proper service literature and schematics, there is only so much diagnosing and testing I can do.. I have pictures to add but can't find a way to add to my description.

Nice job... could’ve simply started a new thread of your own...

• Like 1