Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Speed Queen washer won't spin

bsaucer

I am working on a commercial Speed Queen washer, model LWS02MW. I can find no information on this model,but I assume it's like most others. I have replaced the belt, spring, pump (which was bad), and oiled the idler pulley wheel and axle (which was stuck). When I put it into spring the motor pulley just spins but the belt will not engage. When I push the idler lever by hand the belt "kicks in" and it begins to spin.

I had one of these under warranty that was doing the same thing to me. Make sure you have the belt threaded correctly and the tensioner on the right side of the belt.

Is there anything stuck under the tub?

I ended up changing the bearings out. I didn't see anything physically wrong with them but it worked great with the new bearings.

22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Make sure you have the belt threaded correctly and the tensioner on the right side of the belt.

What lighthouse said, & be sure it has the right belt on it . 

Service Manual-

Edited by Adirondack Bob

Also make sure the brakes are releasing

Speed Queen told me to put a very light coat of Vaseline on the brake pads

Edited by Lighthouse
added info

something else is going on ,  verify the belt# , the idler should spin very free without the belt on,  turn the drive pulley to see if the brake disengages , check for something between inner and outer tub, in that order, if all that checks out the respond back and we will go further .     

Exact same thing I had with the one I mentioned before. I did everything and it only worked right after I changed the bearings. They didn't look bad, it hardly had any time on the machine but the bearings were my last resort and that what fixed the problem.

Yep ,  just wanted to be sure he checked the other things first since the bearings being bad is rare, and you never know on a commercial machine who has worked on it ,and if the knew what they were doing.. used proper parts , etc...

Just to make sure you have the belt routed the correct way, what side of the belt do you have running against the idler pulley?

The "V" side of belt riding on pulley or back/flat side of belt against the pulley, (it should be the back/flat side), and if I'm remembering correctly without having it right in front of me the pulley rides against the back side of right side of the belt feeding to the transmission pulley.

You can install it where the idler is against the left side of the belt and it kind of looks right but will have very little tension on the belt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...