Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

whirlpool duet wont dry

Don.m

Help!!!  My dryer has power, but does not dry.  I would like to learn how to diagnois the problem and fix it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to find out how to repair my whirlpool duet dryer.  I cannot seem to get to live help even though I have paid my tuition.  I am trying to post here in search of help with both the dryer and the live help. 

I know it has power and the drum turns but no heat.  Before I just check the dryer element I thought I might have to check other items.  Can some one help me walk thru this problem:yikes:

the manual is for the washer and I thank you for it, but I need help with my dryer.  It will not heat.  the model number is GEW9200LW0  Can you send me a manual for this unit?  Or take me thru the steps to diagnose the problem?

• Team Samurai

Don, call me at 603-526-7129 and we'll talk about where to start troubleshooting this bad boy. :armed:

Thank you.  I now have narrowed it down to the element, the thermal cutoff, or the high limit thermostat.  I will get an ohmmeter and check them out.  Thank you.  Any other words for this young apprentice before I attempt this on my own?

Oh wise grand master.. is the offer to call still available?  I would love to walk through this properly.  It is 7:00pm my time.. I will be back at the house about 8:30 9.  Let me know if that is to late to call.  I f I do not hear I will not call and bother you. Thank you for the offer.

• Team Samurai

[user=8796]Don.m[/user] wrote:

Oh wise grand master.. is the offer to call still available?  I would love to walk through this properly.  It is 7:00pm my time.. I will be back at the house about 8:30 9.   

Eastern Time? If so, nolo problemo, call me when you get home, budrow. :cool:

I have the proper voltage.  The dryer self diagnostic came up correctly per the manual.. power is there and the ummm dash lights up, the drum turns, just no heat.

Can you lead me in oh master?  Is it better to do this by typing or by phone.

Let me feed the wife get her happy and then I will contact you to try and fix this.  Thank you oh Grand Master! I am not worthy.

• Team Samurai

The control panel and lights work off 120v, the heating elements off 240v. Unless you've measured the voltage, you can't say you have 240vac. Don't ASSume, MEASURE!

Oh master are you still available for this young grasshopper?

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

[user=8796]Don.m[/user] wrote:
Oh wise grand master.. is the offer to call still available?  I would love to walk through this properly.  It is 7:00pm my time.. I will be back at the house about 8:30 9.   

Eastern Time? If so, nolo problemo, call me when you get home, budrow. :cool:

I would like to thank you for taking the questions out of repairing my dryer.  Your site is excellent and I will be refering all my friends here. 

Thank you.

Don:D 

• Team Samurai

Hi Don, thanks for the good words, mah bruthah! :dude:

What did you find was the offending part in your dryer?

Archived