Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Older Amana Dryer

kokomo

I've an Amana dryer the kind you can do nothing from the back side, the problem is no model number serial number tag and the wire diagram is missing the give away is it wont heat up and there are no wires to connect to the thermal fuse, it has a moisture sensor control board 504175 that appears good, getting 240 to the element so I'm guessing the board is ok. This type dryer is you need to remove drum to do anything. What is my L O I thks all.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AccApp

• kokomo

• evaappliance

• MoTeD

Did you look on the back of the control panel for the model number? That would be really helpful to us

On any dryer if you are getting 240 to the element and it is not heating any, you have a bad element. Lots of old amana dryers have the same element as speed queens

this is the control board Amana Dryer if this would have a model number.

Pemco P/N 2143

RSPC-P/N 504175

Rating 120VAC 60Hz 0.? A

DATE -CODE S/N 7290217............ ( 0247 / 02?7 )

That rpsc (Ripon (Wisconsin) Parts and Service Center) number shows up on sears as nla and I can’t find any information elsewhere. These date back to when Amana was owned by Raytheon along with Speed Queen. Still find rpsc on speed queen parts

Here's a list of model numbers that use Part# 504175 Dryness control board.
As far as a part to use to find a wiring diagram this board isn't a really good choice, (in a washer or dryer without a model number tag the best part to use to try and find a wiring diagram is the timer since that is a much more unique part and the diagram would also have the timer chart that would match your machine).

Amana     LGA80AW (PLGA80AW)     DRYER- GAS
Amana     LEA80AW (PLEA80AW)     DRYER- ELE
Amana     LGA80AL (PLGA80AL)     DRYER- GAS
Amana     LEA80AL (PLEA80AL)     DRYER- ELE
Amana     LEC80AW (PLEC80AW)     DRYER- ELE
Amana     LED65AW (PLED65AW)     DRYER- ELE
Amana     LGD65AW (PLGD65AW)     DRYER- GAS

Pick one of the electric dryers to see if maybe it matches yours.

thks willie and others I'll be all over it.

Does the element have continuity?

Post a pic of the element. I am sure someone here could call out a suitable part number.