Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Signature LUWM101HWA or LUWD1CW seen in the wild yet?

Stromberg-Carlson

Stromberg-Carlson

Major long time lurker. this sites parts division has helped me over the years with bellows tubes and drain pipes that have cracked over the years.. :)

this post is out of curiousity.

Will receive the LG Signature LUWM101HWA and sidekick LUWD1CW within the next 10 days.

I have had 2 LG combo ventless machines across several years and have been extremely happy with them. i usually upgrade to the newer one every couple of years, and am excited about this duo.

I just wanted to know from any tech on board if they have seen these in the wild and have had to service them yet (they have been on worldwide backorder for a while but some have trickled down over the last few months). this latest model has an inverter heat pump vs the last model that I currently have (the WM3997HWA), and am not sure how different /better it is over the standard way of condensed drying...

thank you to any and all who would respond. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stromberg-Carlson

• john63

• MoTeD

Stromberg-Carlson

HI there,

thank you for taking time to reply.

I don't have any issues with these machines (i have had both of these a week now). I was merely asking if anyone has seen any for repair--it was just a curious question.

these machines are really nice. I even use the smarthinQ app to control them, etc. 

cheers.

• 7 months later...
Stromberg-Carlson

Thought I would do a refresh to see if any techs have had any issues with either machine out in the wild...

I've been an LG authorized servicer since late 2004.

Serviced many combo/ventless models (24 & 27 inchers).

Have seen a few "Studio Series" appliances...but don't recall having come across the "Signature" line yet.

There was a demo model (prototype)...of a heat pump dryer-only at a training seminar a few years back...but it was not mentioned that the combo model would be a candidate for this new concept.

Sounds very interesting...but i'm having difficulty trying to image how LG managed to fit/cram a heat pump into their latest combo design. A little scary.

:)

• 2 months later...
Stromberg-Carlson

Hi john,

thank you for responding.

ive both units and the heat pump in the combo is really nice. I have the service manual for it and it is a lot of equipment packed into that small space. I like this new model and the sidekick tub is nifty.

john, if you are stil around, do you know where I can purchase the service manual for the Luwd1cw ? Im fascinated with how these machines work.