Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG WM2501HVA Drain Pump Replacement

Robin Carr Lang

Robin Carr Lang

Hello!

We have replaced the drain pump, but feel we should test it and make sure it's working before putting everything back together (because we have concern over getting the boot on).  We putting is sort of back together, then thought turning it on, running a "drain only" with a little water would do it.  We tried, and it locks the door, and then signals END, like it's all done, but the drain never kicked in.  No error message, not hanging and doing nothing which it did before.  Any advice?  

And any tricks to getting the boot on without the special tool?  We have a few ideas, but any tricks.  

We have used this site in the past with great success!  Hoping for it now so I can do laundry soon.

--Robin

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin Carr Lang

• MoTeD

Top Posters In This Topic

I use needle nose pliers for the springs. Sometimes an extra hand helps hold the clamp in place while the spring is stretched. 

What was the initial cause/problem. Why did you replace the pump?

Robin Carr Lang

The original problem was the drain pump went out.  I agreed to the repair only if we could replace the GROSS gasket/boot.  We ended up buying a brake tool and used the dremel to create slots for the wire. Found a video of that idea.  It was hard but with my sons help, my husband was able to do it.  Outside one was much much easier.  We cleaned everything out and it is now like a new washing machine!  I read the manual again to learn all it can do!

Pump replacement was easy especially with video help for wite hookup.  My son (learning electricity in Physics) saw that the magnet on the motor for the pump was cracked on both sides, essentially creating 2 magnets onstead of one.

—Robin

This machine has two pump motors attached to the pump housing. One (left) is the drain pump motor and two (right) is the recirculation pump motor. Which one did you replace. Also have you checked all the hoses and pump filter to make sure there are no obstructions within. 

One more thing is to make sure you are recieving 120vac to the pump motor. If not you are looking at replacing the control board or wiring harness.