Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
partsman

Inglis dryer no heat

4 posts in this topic

Have an old Inglis electric dryer type 1. I believe they call it, I believe it is 1976 or so, it suddenly stopped putting out heat, I am sure the element was replaced once before and still seems to be in one piece, but tried to test all the other components but not sure if I am doing it right.

It is a G033100 Serial number EA10349, any ideas out there?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

:)

Well after taking the timer out and breaking the knob to do it, because I thought that was the problem, I took another look down where the centrifugal switch is and I find a broken wire while poking around, guess that is the problem.

Will let you know later, and thanks for the suggestions.

Mine was a removable centifugal switch, but did not have to remove it, looks like the wire must have been frayed and as it broke it burned off.

So hopefully I just have to make a new wire with connections on it and it will be okay.

Well took pictures of wiring to be able to put the timer and everything back together, could not get the computer to read camera card,:( so winged it a bit, put the burnt wire I repaired back on to the main power terminal and the other end to the centrifugal switch, then hooked up the timer, and DUH, bright spark:shock: when I plugged machine in, so took a little figuring and got it right this time and dryer is back up and running.:)

Just have to replace the knob I broke, they don't have them anymore, have to go to a recycle place where they repair old stuff.

So thanks for the help, good to know this site is out there, have recommended it to a few now.