LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Samsung FTQ353IWUX Error Code E-08

spelunk73

I have a Samsung electric range ( Model FTQ353IWUX ) with the error code E-08 being displayed. The Oven fail to heat up. I have checked the oven elements, both the upper and lower for visible damage and checked both elements for continuity. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the elements. I have also checked the resistance of the oven heating sensor ( roughly 1000 ohms ). I'm not sure what else to test. Should I just replace the main control Board? Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spelunk73

• MoTeD

• johntech

If you are comfortable working with 220V circuits. You could test and see if you're getting power out of the board. Did both bake and broil fail at same time?. There should be a safety thermostat inline with the elements. Look behind the rear panel and test for continuity. 

DE47-20037A is the part number for the Hi-Limit thermostat

• 2 weeks later...

High limit switch has continuity. There seems to be no power at either heating element. Cook top works fine, its only the oven setting that are not working. There is a clicking sound coming from the main control board. You will hear 2 clicks very close together. While holding a voltage tester across this connection the voltage will spike to about 60 volts then back to 0. Less than a second spike. My assumption is to replace the main control board. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks