LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Part Discontinued - What now? (204911-1100)

mike_f

Hello, 

I am new and not particularly talented for DIY. Got old Frigidaire Oven and need to replace the oven control (incl. probe) - part 204911-1100

Part is discontinued and there doesn't seem to be a replacement part. Are there any hacks? Secret stacks of discontinued parts? 

Thanks a lot

Mike (from Canada) 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Econo Appliance

• mike_f

• Chat_in_FL

• MoTeD

Check  e bay ,  Sometimes you can find dealers that have discontinued parts , or sometimes a good used one . Other than that they make universal thermostats 

Not a Frigidaire part number...  what's the model number?    I'm guessing you may have taken the part # off the part itself, which won't work in most cases... it's an internal # for whoever manufactured the part for Frigidaire

Got a model #?

11 hours ago, evaappliance said:

Check  e bay ,  Sometimes you can find dealers that have discontinued parts , or sometimes a good used one . Other than that they make universal thermostats 

It IS on eBay

On 11/10/2017 at 3:30 PM, Chat_in_FL said:

It IS on eBay

Yes, but used....  it's still not a proper Frigidaire part number,

What happens is someone will dismantle an appliance and post the parts on ebay using the digits printed on the part,  which are not proper for lookup... Then you've got someone who needs a part and researches on the internet using the # printed on the part.  The buyer thinks they have no choice other than ebay because they cannot find any other results,  the part # does not work in any appliance database.  This could be avoided if they used the model # and proper frigidaire part # to begin with.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:52 PM, Econo Appliance said:

Not a Frigidaire part number...  what's the model number?    I'm guessing you may have taken the part # off the part itself, which won't work in most cases... it's an internal # for whoever manufactured the part for Frigidaire

Got a model #?

Thank you very much. Interesting. The electrician gave me this number as that is the part that they would be looking for. Do you mean the model number for the stove? or the model number for the part as I was told that's the one.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, Chat_in_FL said:

It IS on eBay

Thank you - yes, it IS on ebay but it's only part of the part -  i checked with the vendor and it is missing the temperature probe. 

What the mess !  Who would try to sell that !  Bet they have some swampland in Arizona for sale too !!

There are many companies that remanufacture/recondition control boards. With the model # from the stove we would be better able to help. Open the drawer on the bottom of the stove and look on the body of the appliance.

15 hours ago, mike_f said:

Thank you - yes, it IS on ebay but it's only part of the part -  i checked with the vendor and it is missing the temperature probe. 

Don't those things ignite spontaneously when exposed to air?  

Found another at "member price"

http://tech-club.ca/en/product/204911-110-oven-control/

Edited by Chat_in_FL

21 hours ago, mike_f said:

Thank you very much. Interesting. The electrician gave me this number as that is the part that they would be looking for. Do you mean the model number for the stove? or the model number for the part as I was told that's the one.

It's a common mistake in our industry - people think that the numbers printed on the part are the part number, when this is rarely the case.   A few results will come up on ebay and google, because there is a small niche of people who list and sell stuff based off the wrong numbers printed on the part.  If you want real results and a warrantied part,  you need to do the lookup using the model # of the stove.

Interesting - would one of you be able to help me find the real part number? The model number of the stove is 

CFES355CES-1

And it could be as old as from 1998

Thank you

Imke 

Looks like it’s an electronic oven controller (eoc) with a separate resistance temperature detector (rtd).

the rtd is 316217002 and the eoc is 318185455 but it is nla. Which part do you need?

32 minutes ago, mike_f said:

Interesting - would one of you be able to help me find the real part number? The model number of the stove is 

CFES355CES-1

And it could be as old as from 1998

Thank you

Imke 

oven controller is Fridigaire part # 318185455 (discontinued)

oven temp probe is part # 316217002 (available)

6 minutes ago, Econo Appliance said:

oven controller is Fridigaire part # 318185455 (discontinued)

oven temp probe is part # 316217002 (available)

Jinx, you owe me a coke

51 minutes ago, AccApp said:

Jinx, you owe me a coke

Dang you beat me to it.    I know you must be good at this because you figured out the incorrect digit in the model # given.... most of my employees (as well as my parts distributors) would have gotten hung up on this.

Edited by Econo Appliance

• 2 weeks later...