Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
  • Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Webinar Recordings Index Page   11/07/2017

On-demand appliance repair training videos for Professional Appliantologist members Over 30 hours (and growing!) of original, high quality appliance training webinars developed and given by yours truly are at your fingertips, on topics you won't find anywhere else. Fill in those knowledge gaps, strengthen those areas of uncertainty, and boost your skills. Watch on mobile or desktop at your convenience whenever, wherever.  Ultra Short Primer on Basic Electricity, Circuits, Ohm's Law, and Schematic Reading (Length: 1:04:48) Basic Refrigerator Troubleshooting (Length: 1:10:45) Schematic Reading Workshop, 10/2015 (Length 1:19:08) Troubleshooting Strategies for Computer-Controlled Appliances (Length: 48:34) Semiconductors and PN Junctions (Length: 1:04:37) Appliance Temperature Sensing Devices & Technology (Length: 1:27:33) Voltage Measurements, Meters, Ghost Voltages, and Triac-controlled Neutrals (Length: 1:29:32) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 1, 4/2016 (Length: 1:09:26) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 2, 4/2016 (Length: 1:21:11) Tech Sheet Review, 4/9/2016: Bosch Speed Cooker, Amana Refrigerator, GE Glass Cooktop Range (Length: 1:22:58) Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Switches used in Samsung Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) (Length: 27:07) PWM Computer Cooling Fan in a Whirlpool Refrigerator (Length: 14:53) Understanding AC Split-phase Household Power Supplies (Length: 52:41) Troubleshooting a Samsung Electric Dryer without Disassembly using Live Tests and the Schematic (Length: 22:47) Troubleshooting a Bosch Dishwasher No-Heat Problem using the Schematic and Live Tests (Length: 15:38) Linear Motors and Linear Compressors (Length: 55:54) Bi-directional PSC Drive Motor Systems in Whirlpool VM Washers (Length: 56:52) Appliance Service Call Structure and Troubleshooting Strategies (Length: 1:00:16) The Ten Step Troubleshooting Tango and Workshop Exercises (Length: 1:35:39) Troubleshooting Ten-Step Tango Advanced Workshop (Length: 1:32:06) Ten-Step Tango Troubleshooting Workshop: Refrigerators (Length: 1:35:57) Whirlpool Duet Washer Schematic Analysis & Whirlpool Dryer Moisture Sensor System (Length: 1:03:04) Neutral Vs. Ground, Inverter Microwave, Digital Communications, Loading Down in DC loads, and more! (Length: 1:14:45) Gas Oven Service Call After a Parts Changing Monkey (Length: 36:04) AFCI and GFCI Circuit Protection Technology (Length: 41:26) Troubleshooting Samsung Refrigerators and more (Length: 1:29:58) 3-way Valves and Dual Evaporator Refrigerators (Length: 1:15:45) Split-Phase Compressors and PTC Start Devices (Length: 1:11:57) Gas Dryer Ignition Systems (Length: 53:50) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 1 (Length: 43:07) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 2 (Length: 1:09:09) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 3 (Length: 1:11:56) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 4 (Length: 37:45) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 5 (Length: 16:35) To access these webinars and all the other info-goodies here at Appliantology, become a Professional Appliantologist today. If you need cost-effective, time-flexible, state-of-the-art appliance technical training, check out the Master Samurai Tech Academy.
dahbrown

F&P DD603I Top Drawer stops mid cycle and beeps

dahbrown

Hi All,

My F&P DD603 integrated two drawer dishwasher intermittently stops mid cycle and beeps on the top drawer. Also intermittently when the machine is not in cycle there is beeping to indicate that the door is being opened.

When I start the cycle and press the lock button we may be lucky and get through an full cycle without issues.

Bottom drawer has no issues.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

David C

Check the main board housing. The main board housing will crack and the light tubes will lose alignment indicating to the board that the drawer is open.

David C

I have also seen the badge on the integrated models get a hole rubbed in the wiring and short against the metal plate that covers it.

AccApp

Yes, make sure the clear prisms leading to the optics on the main board are snapped into place as well as the main board. Pull the drawer out and make sure the link isn’t broken.

dahbrown

Thanks for the advice. Link support has been replaced. Will see how that goes.

Really appreciate the speedy support.

Dave

J5*

Link support won’t be your isssue , it will the main control housing broken as mentioned above , the original plastic gets brittle with age 

Chat_in_FL
3 hours ago, J5* said:

Link support won’t be your isssue ,

Unless it is pushing door slightly open. Also check door latches in good shape, holding door closed. Dishwasher Door Latch Part 522585 

Edited by Chat_in_FL

CMA

Easy way to test. Swap the upper and lower drawer controls. If the problem moves to the other drawer, then you know it's the board.

MoTeD

There is a tech sheet behind the bottom drawer. Also F&P phone lines are open 24hours. May get lucky and find someone willing to help a consumer diagnose the problem.

MoTeD

Also are there error codes?

CMA
17 minutes ago, MoTeD said:

There is a tech sheet behind the bottom drawer. Also F&P phone lines are open 24hours. May get lucky and find someone willing to help a consumer diagnose the problem.

They have gotten real picky over the last year. They almost always ask for my servicer ID#.

CMA
3 minutes ago, CMA said:

They have gotten real picky over the last year. They almost always ask for my servicer ID#.

Although.... if you call after hours and get transferred to their call center which is located in Australia, they probably won't ask for a servicer ID#.

dahbrown

Hi All, I have had no issues after the link support was replaced. Approx 10 washes without stopping mid stream  and also no beeps to indicate that door is open when idle.

AccApp
10 hours ago, dahbrown said:

Hi All, I have had no issues after the link support was replaced. Approx 10 washes without stopping mid stream  and also no beeps to indicate that door is open when idle.

Was the old link broken?

dahbrown

Hi AccApp - yes the plastic link was broken. Since I have replaced the new kit I have had no issues

MoTeD
13 hours ago, dahbrown said:

Hi AccApp - yes the plastic link was broken. Since I have replaced the new kit I have had no issues

Thanks for the update. We appreciate it.