Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

F&P DD603I Top Drawer stops mid cycle and beeps

dahbrown

Hi All,

My F&P DD603 integrated two drawer dishwasher intermittently stops mid cycle and beeps on the top drawer. Also intermittently when the machine is not in cycle there is beeping to indicate that the door is being opened.

When I start the cycle and press the lock button we may be lucky and get through an full cycle without issues.

Bottom drawer has no issues.

Thanks in advance

Dave

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dahbrown

• MoTeD

• CMA

• David C

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the main board housing. The main board housing will crack and the light tubes will lose alignment indicating to the board that the drawer is open.

I have also seen the badge on the integrated models get a hole rubbed in the wiring and short against the metal plate that covers it.

Yes, make sure the clear prisms leading to the optics on the main board are snapped into place as well as the main board. Pull the drawer out and make sure the link isn’t broken.

Link support won’t be your isssue , it will the main control housing broken as mentioned above , the original plastic gets brittle with age 

3 hours ago, J5* said:

Link support won’t be your isssue ,

Unless it is pushing door slightly open. Also check door latches in good shape, holding door closed. Dishwasher Door Latch Part 522585 

Edited by Chat_in_FL

There is a tech sheet behind the bottom drawer. Also F&P phone lines are open 24hours. May get lucky and find someone willing to help a consumer diagnose the problem.

17 minutes ago, MoTeD said:

There is a tech sheet behind the bottom drawer. Also F&P phone lines are open 24hours. May get lucky and find someone willing to help a consumer diagnose the problem.

They have gotten real picky over the last year. They almost always ask for my servicer ID#.

3 minutes ago, CMA said:

They have gotten real picky over the last year. They almost always ask for my servicer ID#.

Although.... if you call after hours and get transferred to their call center which is located in Australia, they probably won't ask for a servicer ID#.

Hi All, I have had no issues after the link support was replaced. Approx 10 washes without stopping mid stream  and also no beeps to indicate that door is open when idle.

10 hours ago, dahbrown said:

Hi All, I have had no issues after the link support was replaced. Approx 10 washes without stopping mid stream  and also no beeps to indicate that door is open when idle.

Was the old link broken?

13 hours ago, dahbrown said:

Hi AccApp - yes the plastic link was broken. Since I have replaced the new kit I have had no issues

Thanks for the update. We appreciate it.