Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Dishwasher LDF7561ST Not Draining

twinpoint

I have a five year old LG Dishwasher model LDF7561ST (S/N 209KWAT3C696) that will not drain.

I get the Error Code "OE" which indicates a drainage problem according to the manual. I cleaned the two drain filters and still no drainage. That was yesterday, I looked inside this morning and the water has gone down slightly (maybe 1/4"). I did shut down and restart dishwasher after I got error code and after cleaning, but same issue reoccurs.

What would my next step be?

I do have a 5 year total coverage warranty - that expires in 2 days....

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• twinpoint

• john63

• MoTeD

• Kendell

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where Drain Pump is exactly - I don't have a parts diagram and could not find one online. Do I just need to pull filter screen and look below it?

Pulled Filter and looked back as far as I could see and no debris.

LG claims these models have a quick drain feature but the technique they show in the manual does not work :-(

The Drain Motor/Pump Housing is accessed by removing the lower kickplate.

With the kickplate removed...the Pump Assy is front/center.

Drain Motor is removed by squeezing a release tab/lock...to allow twisting Drain Motor to unlock/remove motor from pump housing.

It's best to completely remove all water from the tub prior to doing this.

Thanks!

I will try to get it professionally fixed since that is more labor than I want to put into this thing

I still have a couple days of extended warranty left thru Warrantech....totally useless outfit...don't answer phones, emails and registering online got me nowhere!

But I bought it thru Pacific Sales at Best Buy and calling them got the ball rolling, I figured they won't ignore one of their biggest customers if they handle my claim.

Check and make sure the air gap is clear and the disposal drain tube from the air gap to the disposal is clear.

Before removing drain pump use wet/dry shop vac and remove water from drain hose.  If water does not suck out of tub, remove water directly from tub. When you remove pump, you will probably find trash in the impellers