Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Model: WT1101CW Top Load GE Washer drains intermittently - mostly doesn't drain. Pump change did not fix the problem

latrenda

Hello everyone

Washer won't drain.  If I unplug it for about 7 hours, plug it back, then try again, it will drain.  Then I try another load and it won't drain.

Everything I've researched so far said to check hoses and drain pump for obstructions. I did that; couldn't find any obstructions so I ordered a new drain pump from sears.  Just installed it.  Ran two dry "loads", I could hear, see and feel the pump working.  Started a small real  load (with water). Won't drain, pump is not working.  I've unplugged, waited about 30 minutes. Still won't drain and pump doesn't run.

Model WT1101CW

401PNNA37679

I don't remember when I purchased.  It was sometimes after 2008 - new. There is a date on the old pump 4.12.13/1.  I guess that's a date?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• latrenda

• AccApp

• john63

• MoTeD

Top Posters In This Topic

Built January 2014.

When the Drain Motor was replaced...did it have a new pump motor wire harness in the kit?

Has it been installed?

26 minutes ago, john63 said:

Built January 2014.

When the Drain Motor was replaced...did it have a new pump motor wire harness in the kit?

Has it been installed?

John. It did some with new wires but I didn't use them.  I need to replace the wires?

Making much more sense now. Yes, when a new wiring harness comes with a part don’t assume it not there for a reason.

46 minutes ago, latrenda said:

John. It did some with new wires but I didn't use them.  I need to replace the wires?

Yes.

Sounds good.

Wiring is known to break/fail...internally.

The wire harness will appear to be okay/ undamaged...but is not.

1 hour ago, john63 said:

Sounds good.

Wiring is known to break/fail...internally.

The wire harness will appear to be okay/ undamaged...but is not.

Egg-Zachary!

It is also wise to heed the words of John 6:3,

"Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples."

I apologize in advance, I could not help myself.

Hello again everyone
Well I put the new wire on the drain pump, but I'm having trouble disconnecting the old wire on the washing machine side.  See photo below.
I tried pulling apart with two hands, doesn't budge
Squeezing the sides doesn't help; pressing that tab in the middle doesn't help. And I turned it around and tried pushing where I saw some lines (like removing a battery cover for a small electronic device).  Didn't work.
Is there a special trick to getting it loose or am I just lacking brute strength?

Thanks

ocYFmxFyf5SjfoHxxFoGovV0pO2Z_GckkE7Q8bZE

I got it apart. I had to get a heavy flat head screw driver and press down and up.  I've attached the new wire; and now I'm running a test dry load.  Pump is currently working. Will try a wet load once this dry load is done.

It’s more of a finesse thing. You just have to push down on the right place. Worst case scenario: you can’t get them apart. Just cut the connectors out and splice the wires together.

10 minutes ago, AccApp said:

It’s more of a finesse thing. You just have to push down on the right place. Worst case scenario: you can’t get them apart. Just cut the connectors out and splice the wires together.

You were right about finesse. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere with brute force.  But finally got them apart.  Does a rinse and spin load right now. Will see how goes

Aaargh!!  It stop working.  Wont spin, won't drain. Flashing OE - just like when I had the old pump and old wires :(

Unplugged. In the morning, I'll try replugging and draining again.

Likely failed (intermittent) Main Board

Part number: EBR6262102

To verify...use a Test Meter to check for 120 volts at blue plug.

Simply insert test leads into pump motor plug...and leave them there.

You can either run a test cycle...and monitor voltage to the drain motor or...

Put the washer in SPIN ONLY several times...to check power to motor.