LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG refrigerator not cooling

McG&Son

So I have an LG bottom freezer, LFC25760st, that had a bad evap fan motor in it which has been replaced. Now since that new motor was put in the freezer is working fine but the top refrigerator section is not working at all. The lights won't come on and it is not recieving any cold air as if the air damper or baffle won't open. However when it's in test mode everything is working properly. Any help is appreciated. 

I believe it is, 707krwz00169, is yhis lower? I'm not familiar with the numbering of the serial numbers. 

Built July 2007.

Has a history of moisture damage to freezer fan motor...your replacement fan motor has been improved to eliminate that problem.

In some cases...the shorted original fan motor will damage the Main Board as well.

So even in the test sequence if everything tests good the main board may still be bad? I have seen a couple other forums which suggest people have changed the main boards with no improvement however I have not seen any resolution to those threads.

1 hour ago, McG&Son said:

I have seen a couple other forums which suggest people have changed the main boards with no improvement 

For the same model number refrigerator as yours?

Built before March 2009 (903KR)?

Edited by john63

So back to the problem. It seems that the refrigerator side doesn't want to get below 55 now and the lights are working intermittently. I'm going to pull off the back cover and make sure the coils are clean and see if I can determine if it's low on coolant. Any other suggestions for me at this time?

Single evap system with fresh food cooling issues can only be a few things. Thermistors, damper, fan or board. Assuming you have a full frost pattern on the evaporator. 

So I cleaned the condenser coils and the cover which was pretty dirty possibly not allowing the air to flow properly. We'll see what happens next. 

Ok still not getting cold. I ordered the control board. I guess we'll see what happens after I get that it in. 

Final update. Fridge is up and running. Changed control board and everything seems good now. Hope it stays that way. Thanks for the help from everyone here. 

• Like 1