Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LTC22350SS Fridge Evaporator Fan not working

Soso

LTC22350SS /00 Fridge Evaporator Fan not working. This is a upper freezer and lower fridge unit. So the fan in the freezer does not work and I replaced it with a new one. It still did not work. Also the light in the fridge does not work. After replacing the evaporator motor and it not working I noticed a reset button on the Main PCB board located on the back of the Fridge. I pushed the reset button and the evaporator fan came on and the light in the fridge came on. Everything was working fine again. That lasted for about 4 to 5 minutes and it tripped the reset on the PCB again. Every time I reset it it would run properly for about the same amount of time and stop working again. So I ordered a new PCB board and put it in and it is still doing the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks for your help. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soso

• Chat_in_FL

• Lighthouse

• 16345Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is not a reset button. That button is used to put it into test mode. It is designed to come out of test mode at about 5 minutes.

If it is a test button why will it work fine for 4 of 5 minutes after I push it? Is there a test sequence I can run it through to find the problem? If the fan in the freezer and the light in the fridge will not work until that button is pushed somewhere along the line I have a problem.  I thought it would be in the control board but I must of been wrong.

Thank you for your help on this.

Nope you just proved fan works. 

Now you need to determine why the board isn't telling it to run. 

Either board borked or sensor not telling board it's warm in the unit and it needs to run.