Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Sterling GTC 361/5D spark module

cloegering

32 minutes ago, AccApp said:

Can you find any manufacturer’s marking on the module? They are almost always made by a supplier to the cooking product manufacturer.

The only other writing on it I RV then a squiggly vertical line and then 950, ie RV] 950

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AccApp

• cloegering

• Budget Appliance Repair

• OldAsDirt

This was made in the UK. Spark modules I have seen are made by Robertshaw, invensys and Harper-Wyman. Not sure who could have made that one. I’m sure any five point module would work but you would lose the flame-sensing and reignition features if you went with a module that lacked them.

Sure still sounds like a bad switch to me, are you sure of the way you bypassed the spark switch at the burner you are having problems with, maybe you have a broken wire between switch and spark module or incoming power to switch?  If you definitely have power coming to and going out of switch and getting to spark module then it would have to be a failed input channel on the spark module for the burner.

AccApp, you can't substitute a standard 5 point spark module with a flame recognition module, if you do, all the spark electrodes will be sparking continuously any time any surface burner is on, (remember standard spark modules only have one position of the valve where the spark switch it on, flame recognition modules have the spark switch closed in all positions of the valve except OFF.

I think some of the Dacors use a very similar spark module.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

1 hour ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

AccApp, you can't substitute a standard 5 point spark module with a flame recognition module, if you do, all the spark electrodes will be sparking continuously any time any surface burner is on, (remember standard spark modules only have one position of the valve where the spark switch it on, flame recognition modules have the spark switch closed in all positions of the valve except OFF.

That's right.

I think I saw a mention that this cooktop was also sold in the US as a GE product.

6 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Sure still sounds like a bad switch to me, are you sure of the way you bypassed the spark switch at the burner you are having problems with, maybe you have a broken wire between switch and spark module or incoming power to switch?  If you definitely have power coming to and going out of switch and getting to spark module then it would have to be a failed input channel on the spark module for the burner.

I think some of the Dacors use a very similar spark module.

I know it is not the switch because I plugged in another burner and it worked. I was also thinking the wire could be bad, but not likely, I will check it out.

How would I search for spark modules that would work. Ie what key words to Google or where does one get specs on spark modules.

Here's the one I was thinking of, it's a six ignitor module but will work on all 4,5 and 6 ignitor systems.

Just make sure the switch input plugs will work, I don't know how the F&P one is set up or how yours is but it looks like this Dacor one has a special plug that plugs in for the GND.Line, Neutral and all switches, (it doesn't have standard 1/4" terminals on the input side like most spark modules do).

Part number: 00753257

Part number: 00753257

• 3 weeks later...

So I ordered the part, but now the question is where do I find swithch input plugs that can convert from the original to this one. This one use a round conecter, the original used the standard flat. Any suggestions.

BTW the link below is to a part that physically looks like original but the guy want $550 for it and there are no returns.,  I searched on that part and nothing comes up

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THERMADOR-Spark-Module-00421256-OR-421256-/192305764463?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I ordered  the 6 burner one, which is the same as the 5 burner one that you listed. The pr0blem is that the connectors for the ignitors are not the same connectors.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/bosch-fixing-kit-753257-ap5691482.html

Yesterday I found a GE module that looks like the one I have, they said it is a 5 burner, if it works I will post so others can have the part# for the Sterling cooktop.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WB20X140/0022/364.html?ibx_source=5a5f9677c18db&sid=eml%3Apromo%3Abx%3Aprod1prosp&utm_campaign=email_productabandonment_pros_1_of_3&utm_term=behavioralemail&ueh=b8474d2dbf0fa0e0831e99e589d9c4b8df78a1826f9a8687552c259890153d91

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 12:33 AM, AccApp said:

Finally got the correct Spark module for the Sterling GTC 361/5D. The part is a GE part no WB20X133. It is identical to the original part, even the same numbers but not

the part number. 

Installed and everything works great. The only question I have is that when one of the burners light it is like there is  extra air that is blowing the flame and a hissing sound. The burner lights  when the knob is turned on the lowest position. Any idea what is causing that.

thanks for the help.

50 minutes ago, cloegering said:

Finally got the correct Spark module for the Sterling GTC 361/5D. The part is a GE part no WB20X133. It is identical to the original part, even the same numbers but not

the part number. 

Installed and everything works great. The only question I have is that when one of the burners light it is like there is  extra air that is blowing the flame and a hissing sound. The burner lights  when the knob is turned on the lowest position. Any idea what is causing that.

thanks for the help.

Does the hissing occur at all levels of flame?

No only on high, the burner only lights when you turn it to low. I read that there may be an adjustment to set the air shutter but I see nothing to adjust.

• 2 years later...

Hello! I also am having issues with an ignitor module for a Sterling GCT 360 / 5D 5 burner cook top. Can I ask here or should I start a new thread?

(My previous thread here: https://appliantology.org/topic/53686-sterling-5-burner-gas-cooktop-igniter-module-needed-model-gct3605d/)

If there was a replacement module I would gladly buy it! 

OldAsDirt in NH, USA