Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Service Van/Truck Pictures

Tarheel Technician

I was just wondering if anyone had any pics of their service vehicles. I'm getting ready to re-letter our service van and would love to see other examples.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

PA040004.jpg

Post pics of your van when the decal job is done!

we got our vans done about 4 yrs ago. we quickly noticed a jump in first time customers from people seeing the vans parked on the street or stopped at a red light........i wouldnt say though a good yellow pages add doesnt help

....and yes my van is filthy, ill wash it next month:P

post-5710-129045091041_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I keep mine pretty simple.  Here's my newest van - a 2007 Chevy Express 1500.

truck2.jpg

do you guys think a web address helps on a van?

Nice looking van, I think it would be nice as long as it is something that can be read pretty fast by people driving by...and neighbors of customers would have time to read it no matter how long it is...lol....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Team Samurai

Whoooo-WEEE!  Some mighty fine lookin' fixum vans.  Sho 'nuff!

Mine looks just like this:

volvo2.jpg

It has about 200,000 miles on it and has served me well. Parked next to it is my 1978 245DL, it has over 200k on it and was the first service vehicle I used. If you have noticed the lack of advertisement on them, its because most everybody here already knows who I am and what I do.

Yeah, people are always amazed at how much you can pack in one and I get around 28 mpg on the highway.

Guess I couldn't help it.

So this is not my van. Just funny as hell....

Translation: Prisma-metallit OY (company that makes window and door frames from metal)... with the side door opened, it seems to say PALLIT OY (balls).

post-10234-129045095688_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

well i finally got my service truck back on the road, have to wait till spring to repaint it before i pay for the decals though

figured i should post a pic here for our leader, with the truck being a Samurai and all

post-20728-129045106133_thumb.jpg

suzuki got a bum rap on that, the real problem was the samurai was the first inexpensive 4x4 on the market so  anyone could go out and buy a 4x4, even the clueless ppl that had no idea how to drive one, its not a sports car, doesn't handle like one, and ppl that tried to drive them like one were the ones that tipped their trucks

its kinds like consumer reports saying the kenmore range is better than the frigidaire, its the same damn range, it just depends who uses it and who you ask

mines been 6 inches taller than stock for over 8 years and i've never had it off all 4's

well except on the trails where loss of stability is to be expected on 45+ degree inclines  :yikes:, but even then i still have yet to roll it

bigasseaglesfan

along these lines I'm thinking about getting a mini van I have a 2005 Chevy S-10 now . I think i like the look of the "wrapped " work vans(a little expensive but very catchy). any thoughts or should i just ad a reading style box to the back?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice Samurai, BrntToast! I love the looks of them, i'd like to get one in good condition some day. Perfect Baja rig!

• 6 months later...

Got a new work truck, GMC Safari

The S10 was showing its miles a little. Got it lettered from a guy here in central ohio

post-49845-129045118192_thumb.jpg

post-49845-129045118623_thumb.jpg

Archived