Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

samsung RF28HMED Cooling issues

fastr1

Looking for info as to the possible issue , I have had this issue for going on 1.5 years, not cooling especially on the fridge side , milk souring early and ran a data log on the fridge side and was not meeting the indicated temp on the display, was told by Samsung numerous times when you have to unplug it periodically to reset the board?  and how do you know this when the food goes bad?  I have also had three ice makers go bad, on number four I think this week, all under extended warranty, then the tech installed three new boards, when he left the compressor would try to start and sound like a big clunk, no compressor start, the food went bad overnight, and filed another repair ticket and food loss claim, he reinstalled an old board, now we are back again to 39-40 on the fridge side when the display shows 34, freezer seems ok, so last evening I placed it in power cool, and power freeze and the machine has run all night and the refrig is still at the 40 mark, and the power cool light still on on the freezer side, and -8 showing on the freezer side display and 34 on fridge side, I have pressed the keys and held for 8 secs and no codes that I can see unless i didn't do that right and overtime this happens if I shut the breaker or unplug and turn back on will reflect the actual temp not the lie the display is telling, I am at wits end with this unit and the excuses.  any help and comments appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KaveMan

• fastr1

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to take an actual temperature both compartments? Did the technician take compartment temps and compare that to the voltage readings on the main board for the sensors that correspond to each compartment? Did he check the health of the compressor itself and what the voltage is getting to it? If it ran all night non-stop as you say and still wasn't cold enough sounds like a sealed system issue to me...