Clicky

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

kokomo

Kenmore Frig filter 106.74254401

kokomo

What could be the issue with my Kenmore water filter going back in, first o ring on end felt a little loose, water leak after reinstall. WD-4396701

thks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

darren412

Your refrigerator's  water filter # is substituted to part # WP EDR6D1  water filter.    Chances are ""IF"" you have the correct filter that maybe the filter is just not turned in all the way.   Also , where is the water leak specifically coming from ? where the water leak is exactly it may be leaking from the in and out water ports of the water filter housing , Right where the water lines go into the filter housing.   Here's something you may also want to try.    Remove the filter  from the filter housing at the bottom.   Hit the water dispenser paddle in and bleed the water pressure out of the fridge.  Once you relieved the water pressure from the water lines and filter,  install the filter again, with out the line pressure in it .  Now turn he water back on and maybe your leak if its coming from the filter itself where it gets plugged in.      A lot of times the filter housing will be leaking at it's water lines where they go into the filter housing.

kokomo

Thks D412 this is my first ice maker,  I'll be home friday, this was a gim me so im not use to such nice things, let you know what I find.

kokomo

Success that seems to have done it, taking off the water pressure via the water dispenser paddle, and or just not in all the way. Not sure where the leak was it was dry when I arrived home Thanks.