Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Electrolux EIED200QSW00 Ventless Dryer

Craig Knight

Dryer Electrolux EIED200QSW00

PNC:916097553-00

S/N 2D51025249

My friend has a electric dryer that when powered off (perhaps it is actually placed in a sleep mode) will not power back on after pressing the power button. It is a few months past the 1 year warranty. Imagine that. There are no error codes displayed.

I did find that if I shut off the breaker for the dryer for a few minutes, the display will power on instantly when the power is restored. The dryer will perform normally then.

I have been working on appliances for family and friends and would like to offer this type of service for others in my community. I am unable to pay the $197 for “access” to the service manual (and for other areas of the appliantology website) for this dryer at this time.

What quality is the service manual for this dryer located through appliantology.org?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? We can purchase new boards (power and controller) for about half the cost of replacement of the dryer. But I do not know which board may have the problem. I did discover a small crack in the LCD display. I do not see how that could affect the performance though.

The “wiring” diagram that I eventually found in the dryer is of low quality. Some wire colors are not accurate according to what was actually installed. It is  NOT a service manual.

Thank you in advance.

When you buy a subscription you can find all the information on the site you need ,to find all the technical info. your looking for. Small investment with a huge return, well worth it . Sounds like you could benefit from the student classes. Save your money from all the work you do for your relatives appliances . One or two repairs and you would have the money , if your not doing the work for nothing.  It’s really an awesome site with lots of qualified techs to help you along the way. Good luck.

It appears that I am unable to purchase the subscription for the website says:

Professional Appliantologist

$197.00 and $197.00 per year

FOR PROFESSIONAL APPLIANCE TECHS ONLY! Appliantology is the premiere appliance tech support site...

I am unable to answer the first question with a “Yes” to affirm that I am a professional appliance repair technician.

Does any repair technician have any suggestions on how to repair the dryer that my friend has? I am unable to download the Service Manual for not being able to purchase a subscription.

Do you all have a reasonable fee for accessing only the Service Manual for the dryer in question?

Thank you

If you have fixed appliances for money I think you can click yes,   then use this site to hone your skills. Just my opinio:D

Possibility that you have a bad microbutton on the user Interface control board - Had a similar problem on a Samsung and was able to de-solder  the old switch from the board, (one lead had broke off), and took a used switch off of an old range control board to replace it.

If you're not up for that it would be replacing the user interface board if you determine that the start button is the problem, (sounds like when it looses power when power is reestablished it wakes up so you can enter commands, once you shut it off power button not working so can't wake it up except by unplugging).

• Team Samurai
2 hours ago, evaappliance said:

If you have fixed appliances for money I think you can click yes,   then use this site to hone your skills. Just my opinio:D

Brother @evaappliance, it’s not merely “have fixed appliances for money” as in, it happened one or two times. It means you currently earn a living by fixing other people’s appliances as explained in the site Guidelines: https://appliantology.org/guidelines/

The primary mission of this site is to support professional appliance repair technicians in their day to day occupation of servicing other people’s appliances. DIY support is a vestigial function held over from the early days of this site when the site was supported by affiliate parts sales and advertisements. That model broke when DIYers started coming here for help and then purchasing parts at Amazon or EBay for a few bucks less. The site is now almost 100% supported by professional tech member subscriptions. 

If anyone is interested, they can read the long and storied history of Appliantology and it’s predecessors here: https://appliantology.org/blogs/entry/996-appliantology-through-the-looking-glass/

3 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Possibility that you have a bad microbutton on the user Interface control board - Had a similar problem on a Samsung and was able to de-solder  the old switch from the board, (one lead had broke off), and took a used switch off of an old range control board to replace it.

If you're not up for that it would be replacing the user interface board if you determine that the start button is the problem, (sounds like when it looses power when power is reestablished it wakes up so you can enter commands, once you shut it off power button not working so can't wake it up except by unplugging).

I was wondering that also.

That microswitch does power off the dryer, or else it is placed into a sleep mode when the power button is depressed.

I will check the microswitch. My parents range has a defective Bake microswitch that I have not yet replaced on the UI. That microswitch has completely malfunctioned.

This UI board (for my friend’s dryer) only has one microswitch installed. The other functions of the UI are a type of touch interface that has long springs located behind the external face attached to the control board. The coil springs are about 1-1/4 inches in height. I have not yet seen this type of touch interface yet in my experience until recently.

Does anyone have the ability of checking the Service Manual (the one I am not yet permitted to access from this website) and looking for another possibility?

Thank you all for the quick replies.

• 4 months later...
Craig Knight

Update: My friend ordered a new replacement User Interface (Control Board) and I installed it recently. It is working properly now. We do not need to disconnect the power anymore for the Dryer to wake from sleep.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, 2015knight said:

would like to offer this type of service for others in my community.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

That model broke when DIYers started coming here for help and then purchasing parts at Amazon or EBay for a few bucks less. The site is now almost 100% supported by professional tech member subscriptions. 

Sorry for the bad advice !  I just thought it sounded like he wanted to start repairing for a living. 

I understand the ( get help here buy on eBay ) senerio all to well.  I would spend 20 minutes looking up a part , and giving pointers, and dummy me would let them know what the part number was . I stopped doing that for the same reason, whomever they buy the part online  from can look it up for them .  People act like we are subsidized by the government and have no need to make money !  

Again , mr.samurai i’m Sorry for the bad advise ! 

• Team Samurai

No apology necessary! Actually, it was a good opportunity for me to clarify some things about Appliantology's mission. No harm, no foul. 

4 hours ago, evaappliance said:

People act like we are subsidized by the government and have no need to make money !

I actually had a local service customer tell me this! He was upset that I wouldn't drive half an hour to troubleshoot ("look at") a POS countertop microwave, the kind you a buy at Walmart for $60. He told me it was my job to do that because I'm the "local provider of services," as if I'm a government agency. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

I actually had a local service customer tell me this! He was upset that I wouldn't drive half an hour to troubleshoot ("look at") a POS countertop microwave, the kind you a buy at Walmart for $60. 

Actually had a lady pay me to come out & diagnose one of these cheap MW's and then replace door switches in it. I told her on the phone that she could buy buy one for what the service fee was. Her response was "I know but I really like this one". Just don't get some people's thinking.

• 1 year later...

Help.  My Electrolux EIED200QSW00 was purchased new but sat for 2 years in humidity controlled storage.  Finally powered on afte multiple reset tries and it is stuck "On" and in the normal cycle and won't shut off or allow changes from the normal cycle. All the buttons on the left of the panel near the power button beep, but won't change.  I can juggle the temp to max from high, and set the chime, and use the pause button, but nothing else can be modified. I have to use the fuse box to turn it off.  Does that sound like the microswitch?  Could heating the control board around it (aka flow) help? I can try to check the switch... Thanks