Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

110.27812690 No Spin

xman1x

110.27812690 won't spin. I have tried replacing the switch, motor, and capacitor all with no luck. I have it removed from the washer and the motor (new and old) won't turn, so I'm not concerned (yet) about the transmission. Is the timer the next likely culprit?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xman1x

• evaappliance

• RhodyGrad

• AccApp

Yes,, but check for a bad wire at the moter connector.  Usually on a bad timer you can pull the knob side to side and get a connection and it will stop again when you let it go . If you can get it to work any by doing that it will be your issue

Did any of those parts test bad? Does the machine agitate? Which switch did you change? Do you have a volt-ohm meter?

I actually had one of each of them at my house, so instead of testing them, I just swapped them figuring it would be an easy fix. I do have a volt-ohm meter though.

LaRayParateur

Does the motor agitate and not spin? Or do neither? If the motor agitates on high speed, but spins only on delicate setting, it's likely the timer.

Pulling the timer knob side to side is a good idea, I'll have to try it. Usually I just check continuity against wiring diagram to check if timer is good or not.

Does the motor hums as it tries to start but won't move? This if often a bad connection near the red wire terminal at the motor or at the capacitor.

You can make a motor test cable to test one of the motors on both directions, videos are available on youtube.

I replaced the timer and still have no luck. From what I can tell, the wires seem to have good connections. I will have to check continuity against the wiring diagram as suggested as well as the motor test cable.

Thanks for the advice.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, xman1x said:

I actually had one of each of them at my house, so instead of testing them, I just swapped them figuring it would be an easy fix. I do have a volt-ohm meter though.

Part changing monkey!!! Test the parts...makes it a whole lot easier!!!!

6 minutes ago, RhodyGrad said:

Part changing monkey!!! Test the parts...makes it a whole lot easier!!!!

sometimes it is quicker to just change out parts  on certain things if you suspect a certain part, if there is a good part in your shop, to me that's not a parts changing monkey. now if he ordered parts without checking his then yes , that would be true.  just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, evaappliance said:

sometimes it is quicker to just change out parts  on certain things if you suspect a certain part, if there is a good part in your shop, to me that's not a parts changing monkey. now if he ordered parts without checking his then yes , that would be true.  just my opinion.

I agree. No parts ordered just used what was in stock. Very quick, especially on the lid switch and motor. Quick unplug and plug ins