Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Duet model wfw9150WW00

Kell

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my whirlpool duet. I go to start a load of laundry and the washer fills completely then stops (with slight humming noise as it fills up) then starts beeping 8 flashs pause 2 flashs, which is error code f8e2. It does not turn while filling like not and in order to drain the water I have to run it through the spin/rinse cycle. F8e2 code states it's a dispenser problem but we have taken that apart and cleaned it well, didn't fix the issue. Help please. 

Just now, Kell said:

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my whirlpool duet. I go to start a load of laundry and the washer fills completely then stops (with slight humming noise as it fills up) then starts beeping 8 flashs pause 2 flashs, which is error code f8e2. It does not turn while filling like not and in order to drain the water I have to run it through the spin/rinse cycle. F8e2 code states it's a dispenser problem but we have taken that apart and cleaned it well, didn't fix the issue. Help please. 

Whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww00

1 hour ago, Kell said:

in order to drain the water I have to run it through the spin/rinse cycle.

You say you can pump it out in the spin/rinse cycle, but does it spin? If not it sounds like you're experiencing a problem with the motor not running for one reason or another. A number of problems can bring that about. A lengthy and technical trouble shooting process will be needed. 

I'd call a pro on this one.

Quick

3 hours ago, Kell said:

F8e2 code states it's a dispenser problem but we have taken that apart and cleaned it well, didn't fix the issue.

I could be wrong but I did not see an F8E2 listed in tech sheet. 

Where did you read that this was a dispenser error?

1 hour ago, Kell said:

Yeah I know its not, A sears tech online told me this.

Then you need to ask him (the sears tech) the trouble shooting steps for F8E2 since it’s not documented. 

If i were you I’d triple check the code, maybe you mis-interpreted the code?

2 hours ago, Kell said:

The code that it throws is for detergent dispenser replacement.

Did you replace it? 

3 hours ago, Kell said:

The code that it throws is for detergent dispenser replacement.

An F8E2 is a dispenser system fault (Dispenser unable to reach desired position) on the newer Alpha platform Duets according to bulletin W10453670A. I can't find any indication that F8E2 means the same thing on your generation, though it might. It could also be an undocumented no/slow fill error variant of F8E1; not sure, I haven't run into F8E2 on this generation.

I'd suggest that you either ask the Sears tech for more info on whether that bulletin actually applies to your unit (maybe they're right) , or start fresh here without assuming that it's a dispenser error.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kell said:

Part number: No because there is absolutely noting wrong with it we took it apart and cleaned it. I'm just going to buy a new machine.

You don't sounds like your heart is in this repair. Why not give it a try?

Still, if you're sure it's throwing a dispenser error, and you're sure there's nothing wrong with the dispenser, not sure how we can help you. One of those statements has to be false.

I'm guessing this is an 8-10 year old machine? Why not take a stab at diagnosing the problem?

So ended up tinkering with my washer machine one final time and figured out the issue. It throws the F8E2 code which isn't in the manual and sear tech online support below states this:

Error CodeF8E2
ConditionDispenser failure
Check/Repair The dispenser can't move into position. Unplug the washer and check the mechanical linkage on the dispenser housing. Repair or replace any damaged dispenser parts.
Shop Parts Dispenser assembly parts.

Noticed that it would only run hot water even though I selected a cold cycle. Cold water inlet valve malfunction. Long story short, cold water inlet valve ordered and hopefully this will solve the code it's throwing and my washer will be back in working condition by the weekend☺

I turn hot water valve off only cold water valve on and put on cold cycle and hit start and for some reason and will try to switch on but nothing happens and it hums. There is water coming through the hose so that's not the issue?

hot and cold hooked correctly??:thumbsup:...Check the cold water, check the volume of water..Remove the cold line from the washer and run it in a pail...good flow????   It was debris build up at the water service shut-off valve....Had one with a machine with almost the same problem...But no code fit the tech sheet on the machine....

Edited by certified tech group 51

Yes on valve receiving voltage. Water Pressure is good, inlet valve replaced, pressure switch replaced, and I have ordered a ccu (central control unit, hopefully that's the issue. Expected to be here by Friday. Fingers crossed!