Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpoool WDF560SAFMO Dishwasher problem

puzzeld62

The dishwasher is a little over 1 year old, and very sporadically it just stops working. The timer still runs, but no agitation or water running. If I open the door and press resume button it will start working again. Have already turned off the power for a few minutes, and that works until the next time it happens. Happens in all different modes (sensor, heavy, etc).  

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puzzeld62

• johntech

• Rhubarb Tau

Top Posters In This Topic

Try putting the unit in service mode to pull codes. There should be a tech sheet in a red plastic pouch behind the toe panel with instructions on how to enter service mode, how to interpret any codes, and what they signify.

Whirlpool DW codes can sometimes be kinda deceptive, point you in the wrong direction. Post any codes you see here and we'll try to make sense of them.

Thanks for your quick response. Just ran the diagnostics, and display shows  F- and E- which according to tech sheet means no codes detected.

Could it be because there is a thermal hold? I use the high temp wash feature, but do you know what the normal time for a thermal hold is? I've seen it stop for at least 20 minutes or more sometimes.....

Start a cycle and don’t mess with it just let it do whatever it wants to do and recheck for errors. Thermal holds have no predetermined time. They simply heat water to desired temp. With the pump running to circulate the water over the heater. Depending on the temp of the water entering tub they can be long or short. If it is completing cycles, cleaning, draining and has no errors then it sounds like normal operation. I have seen a few of those pumps go bad and intermittently run. It will eventually give you an error if that is the problem. 

OK, I will run it again with the hi temp wash selected. Will run the diagnostics again after that and see if I get any error codes. Tech is supposed to be out next week, but if there are no error codes, then sounds like I should cancel the callout.  I will let you know the results, and thanks once again for your help. I appreciate it!