Clicky

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

eingmund

GE Profile Oven Model # PB970SP3SS Keeps Switching Off

eingmund

I bought a house recently and the oven is giving me fits. It’s a GE profile, electric, with two ovens (a big one and a little one).

It doesn’t matter which oven you’re using. I’ll set the temperature, and it will just randomly turn itself off. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. Doesn’t matter what temperature it’s set to. Sometimes it’s when it’s preheating, sometimes it’s when it’s when it’s been on for a while. I’ll have it on , walk away, and come back and only see the clock display. Sometimes it does it five or six times over the course of trying to cook a meal, sometimes it doesn’t do it at all.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I press “0” to set a temperature (like 350 degrees), the display seems to think I pressed the number “8.”

Any thoughts on how I might diagnose / repair? What do you think the problem is?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

KaveMan

Is the clock blinking, or remains on steady? If blinking, check the power cord at the rear terminal block to make sure the connections are tight. When you press the "Start" key does the range begin to heat? Or do you just get a beep and nothing happens? It sounds like a bad glass touchpad, especially if you're pressing one key and getting another, part #WB27T11145.

Edited by KaveMan

eingmund
11 hours ago, KaveMan said:

Is the clock blinking, or remains on steady? If blinking, check the power cord at the rear terminal block to make sure the connections are tight. When you press the "Start" key does the range begin to heat? Or do you just get a beep and nothing happens? It sounds like a bad glass touchpad, especially if you're pressing one key and getting another, part #WB27T11145.

The clock remains totally steady, no blinking. When I press “start,” the oven starts to heat. Like I said, it just randomly shuts itself off.

Kendell

Start with the keypad as stated above, but in addition you may need to change the main control pwb