Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag MSD2655HES Ice Maker not working

clattin

This is my girlfriends fridge and the symptoms are being reported to me, so I don't have any personal experience with it.

She says that initially it was overflowing the ice trays so she simply turned it off by lifting the lever and now when I drop the lever to troubleshoot it doesn't do anything at all.....the water doesn't run at all.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Chris

Remove the cover on the ice maker, get your "jumper wire",  install in test points  T and H on modual  ..... Connect your D.D.M.  set for  A.C.  leads connected to water valve, should be 120 ac when I/M calls for water........Bail arm down,  Should go into  " Forced Harvest....Some models, hold door switch closed,  ............I would go for a new I/M...If nothing happens.........................W10190965 is a budget priced I/M....

• 4 weeks later...

So I replaced the ice maker and the new one isn't filling either.  I've pulled the water line off the back of the fridge where it goes to ice maker and dont find any sort of obstruction.  There is water coming through the water dispenser on the front of the door so it must be some issue with the valve that sends water to the ice maker?  How can I troubleshoot this issue?

THnaks!

Chris

Easiest way to troubleshoot water inlet valve is to remove tube from icemaker side of valve and swap leads from the water dispenser side. Press the dispenser and see if water comes out, if it does the valve is good.

• Like 1

Probably has ice in the water chute right before the ice maker

So I have replaced the ice maker and waited 24 hours and still no ice.  I reversed the leads on the water valve between the water dispenser and the ice maker and can get water to come out of the ice maker hose when the dispenser button is pushed so it leads me to believe the valve is working properly.

So, its either the wiring harness that connects the new ice maker to the back wall of the freezer......which seems unlikely.  The new ice maker did not come with a new wiring harness.  Or there is some issue between the connector in the back of the freezer and the valve. 

Is there anything else I can do or just buy ice trays and keep filling them??

THanks

Chris

You would have to see if there is power to the ice maker.  Take the cover off the front and check between L and N for 120v. Not sure if on your model power goes through the freezer door switch or not so check it with the switch closed. If no power check the fuse inline on the ice maker wiring harness for continuity. Part number: WPW10146386

Part number: WPW10146386

Can you test for oltage at L and N? If you jump L and V the valve should actuate if there is voltage. Very easy icemaker to troubleshoot. Lots of resources here.

Yes, if you are knowledgeable in the ways of the Force, you can jump out L & V (black and tan) to send power to the water valve solenoid. 

Just don't jump out L & N or you'll see sparks and damage something. Only test for voltage with a meter. 

Lighthouse makes a very good point about ice in the fill tube. 

If ice continues to block the fill tube after you've cleared it, you'll need a fill valve. 

The square cover makes an excellent catch basin for catching the water from the fill tube when jumping out black to tan.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, AccApp said:

If you jump L and V the valve should actuate if there is voltage.

Well I'll be dang. Thanks for that. 

18 minutes ago, Jedi Appliance Guy said:

The square cover makes an excellent catch basin for catching the water from the fill tube when jumping out black to tan.

And thanks for that!

Man this is a great site for picking up bit's and pieces!

• Thanks 1

Sometimes I take ice maker out, set baby bottle under fill tube. With needle nosed pliers I find L and V on harness connector and stick them in to jump the valve. 

This way I check valve function and fill amount since the baby bottle has measurements on the side. 

6 hours ago, 16345Ed said:

Sometimes I take ice maker out, set baby bottle under fill tube. With needle nosed pliers I find L and V on harness connector and stick them in to jump the valve. 

This way I check valve function and fill amount since the baby bottle has measurements on the side. 

I usually use a jumper wire on the connector. I usually just use what ever cup is around, never thought of the baby bottle