LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

My BASICALLY NEW Samsung washer wf45k6500av/a2 keeps adding time during the spin cycle. Please help me!

AngelinaNeedsHelp

AngelinaNeedsHelp

Hello and thanks for any help in advance! My Samsung front load washing machine works fine and drains perfect spins and washes clothes but the problem is that the machine goes into spin cycle,on ALL cycles and as soon as it gets up to speed it adds more time. This will continue over and over. Please help I don't know what to do! The model is wf45k6500av/a2. Thank you so much in advance!

Run a couple empty loads with no detergent, sounds like too much detergent is being used causing excess suds. 

HE = 2 tablespoonfuls 

HE2 = 1 tablespoonful 

HE TURBO = 1 teaspoonful 

its worth trying anyway...

Try unplugging it for a minimum of 20 min and then after 20 min plug it back in again and see if rebooting the control makes that go away. If it does it will most likely happen again in the future. If it does you will most likely need a new main control., if it still does the same thing see if you can pull up any error codes from the machine. There should be a little booklet taped to the back of the washer that will explain how to check for error codes and what each code represents

Edited by darren412

That code does not seem right ? Not familiar with that code ??   Are you sure it’s not 4C. Or 4C2  !

Check and see if you have the Hot and cold water valve hoses switched and have the hot water going to the cold water valve, and the cold water hose going to the hot water valve

AngelinaNeedsHelp

When I go into diagnostic mode it says Lp28 and if I press start on the test mode it stops real soon after and says ac4. It has worked fine for the last 2 years or so and out of nowhere it just has done this for about a week now. The hoses are in their correct spots. I have checked all the hoses and they are correct and it just is so confusing on what it could possible be.

Thanks again everyone

Angelina M.

5 hours ago, AngelinaNeedsHelp said:

. It has worked fine for the last 2 years

This is not basically new! 

Edited by 16345Ed

I got that same impression that this was not basically new now from the original description ?

Try inspecting the water level switch hose for any holes or abrasions in the hose down the whole line of the water switch hose from top to bottom. Make sure the hose chamber on the bottom of the tub is clear also and not broken or cracked . It sounds as though your washer thinks it’s still has some kind of water in the tub at the end of its spin cycle . Try this and see if you come up with a water level switch hose that may have a hole in it ok. Take it out if you can not visually see anything and put it under water and blow through it blocking one end of the hose.  Samsung has a lousy way of attaching their level switch hoses and they tend to rub holes in them from cabinet friction. I have run into a few of them.

7 hours ago, darren412 said:

Try inspecting the water level switch hose for any holes or abrasions in the hose down the whole line of the water switch hose from top to bottom. Make sure the hose chamber on the bottom of the tub is clear also and not broken or cracked . It sounds as though your washer thinks it’s still has some kind of water in the tub at the end of its spin cycle . Try this and see if you come up with a water level switch hose that may have a hole in it ok. Take it out if you can not visually see anything and put it under water and blow through it blocking one end of the hose.  Samsung has a lousy way of attaching their level switch hoses and they tend to rub holes in them from cabinet friction. I have run into a few of them.

This is why I was thinking excess suds from too much detergent. 

My original suggestion is easy to try and costs nothing. 

Yes 16345ed.  I did catch that in the back of my mind, when I Read your response about the suds.   I thought you were all around the chance that it has something to do with the communication of the water level switch  and  the main control board. 

Does it suds up when no detergent is added? Most of my customers place too much detergent in, filling up to max line. Encourage less detergent use, better for machine and better on their pocketbooks. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RhodyGrad said:

Does it suds up when no detergent is added? Most of my customers place too much detergent in, filling up to max line. Encourage less detergent use, better for machine and better on their pocketbooks. 

Exactly 

I never knew Samsung  washers added more time in an oversuds situation or even added more time to a cycle at all.  Good stuff to know 

Edited by darren412

• 4 months later...

I'm working on a Samsung WF448AAP/XAA washer for a customer. The complaint is that it starts to fill with water and just stops. I was able to confirm this, but in addition, I got the "low water pressure" error message on the LCD display. I could find nothing wrong with any of the water valves. What I did find is that the water level sensor hose going to the sensor has several holes in it. I was surprised by this as it's a newer washer that hasn't seen a lot of use.

What's the best way to replace the water level sensor hose? Can it be accessed from the back or is it necessary to take the whole door assembly off? I can't seem to find anything on this in the service manual? I'm a new appliance repair business owner with not a lot of experience... Thanks!

14 hours ago, Chashb said:

I'm working on a Samsung WF448AAP/XAA washer for a customer. The complaint is that it starts to fill with water and just stops. I was able to confirm this, but in addition, I got the "low water pressure" error message on the LCD display. I could find nothing wrong with any of the water valves. What I did find is that the water level sensor hose going to the sensor has several holes in it. I was surprised by this as it's a newer washer that hasn't seen a lot of use.

What's the best way to replace the water level sensor hose? Can it be accessed from the back or is it necessary to take the whole door assembly off? I can't seem to find anything on this in the service manual? I'm a new appliance repair business owner with not a lot of experience... Thanks!

Want a response? Start a new thread for your problem & question

• 7 months later...

My Samsung front load washer circa 2015 took quite a while to get used to. If I run it in Permanent Press cycle or Quick Wash cycle..with any soil level selected, it will always run for the allotted time on the display.I can run the Normal cycle in any soil level up to Normal and it will always run as long as the displayed time says....HOWEVER..If I try to run it on Normal cycle, heavy soil, the time displayed is a little over an hour 24 minutes at first..but JUMPS to 2 hours and 34 minutes..every single time.. Also, Heavy Duty cycle no matter what soil level I select ends up being up to 3 + hours long.. It's ridiculous, and the clothes never come out any better..in fact they sometimes come out smelling like they've been in too long.. BECAUSE THEY HAVE.. It's very frustrating. Doesn't matter what detergent I use either.. I've tried the HE Turbo pods.. no difference. 

• 1 year later...

I ran into this exact scenario yesterday. No answers here. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, Chashb said:

What's the best way  the same problem on to replace the water level sensor hose? Can it be accessed from the back or is it necessary to take the whole door assembly off? I can't seem to find anything on this in the service manual? I'm a new appliance repair business owner with not a lot of experience... Thanks!

Can you let me know if changing the water sensor hose resolved the issue with "low water pressure" message on  the LCD display?  I am getting same problem on mine. Thanks

8 hours ago, Sharktank2034 said:

Can you let me know if changing the water sensor hose resolved the issue with "low water pressure" message on  the LCD display?  I am getting same problem on mine. Thanks

Yes, when I replaced the hose everything worked normally again. The holes in the hose were from mice. 

Charlie