Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

2006 Frigidaire Gallery side by side fridge leaking

Mommeeof10

The water line is not hooked up. Water is off. There is a puddle under the fridge everyday and I think it might come from the drip pan under the fridge. How can I troubleshoot it easily. Thankfully, I have strong adult children to help move the appliance. :P 

Water is off because when it was connected, there was a leak near the water inlet valve? When the water dispenser lever is pushed, water sprays out under the fridge.  If it is a hose and not the water inlet, where can I find directions to replace the lines or patch them? As my name says, we have 10 kids and no money for a repair person. :)

I'll check when I get home from work. If there is ice in the bottom of the freezer, I need to defrost the drain tube? If no ice in the bottom of the freezer, I need to check the drain pan, see if it is cracked? 

Yes.

Ice in freezer (bottom) indicates blocked defrost drain. 

Unlikely that the drain pan has cracked.

Will wait for your update.

Fridge is a model FRS26H5ASB3 no ice or water in the bottom of fridge or freezer. Ice forming on vent in top left of fridge where air blows in from freezer. Argh!

Does not sound like good news.

How are the temperatures in both freezer and fresh food compartment?

Borderline cold?

Refrigerator running all the time?

The origin of the "leak"...may be coming from heavy frost/ice forming on the refrigerant line/tubing at the rear of the refrigerator...which melts and causes wet floor...freezes again...melts again.

Can you move the refrigerator...inspect the compressor compartment?

Has the compressor been replaced under warranty previously?

Just bought this used appliance, as my other fridge blew a control board for the second time within 3 years. Let me see if i can see anything under fridge. Temps seem okay if fridge and freezer controls are set on coldest settings. 

1 hour ago, Mommeeof10 said:

Just bought this used appliance, as my other fridge blew a control board for the second time within 3 years. Let me see if i can see anything under fridge. Temps seem okay if fridge and freezer controls are set on coldest settings. 

If you have to move settings to coldest you definitely have a problem. 

Buying used refrigerators is risky. 

We are still paying the lowes bill for the one that died again. If i cant figure it out, the store i bought it from may take it back. We've bought a lot of stuff from her the last few years :)

Do fridge coils freeze up if they are dirty like window acs will if the filter is out and there is a lot of dust on them?

In the freezer compartment...the Evaporator Coils can form a localized section of odd looking frost/ice accumulation if there's problem with Sealed System (refrigeratant leak/failing compressor etc).

In the compressor compartment ("engine room")...the Condenser Coils can become dirty...with dust/dirt/hair etc.

Your symptom seems to indicate a "Sealed System" problem.

I would ask for an exchange...if that is possible.

• Like 1

Just now, john63 said:

In the freezer compartment...the Evaporator Coils can form a localized section of odd looking frost/ice accumulation if there's problem with Sealed System (refrigeratant leak/failing compressor etc).

In the compressor compartment ("engine room")...the Condenser Coils can become dirty...with dust/dirt/hair etc.

Your symptom seems to indicate a "Sealed System" problem.

I would ask for an exchange...if that is possible.

Agreed 

Also, Frigidaire's are notorious for sealed system problems!!!

• 4 weeks later...

check and make certain the condensor fan is running.  frigidaire with no condensor fan will overheat,throw off pressures and frost the back wall of the cabinet, every time the fridge cycles off the frost will melt and leak