Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

596.73502203 Kenmore Bottom Freezer Gourmet Pantry (Bottom tray) freezes vegetable on left side only

HN3

Model No: 596.73502203

Hi,

I posted this help request at another appliance repair forum for about three weeks now and there was no response.  I am hoping you can help me.

My refrigerator's bottom tray (manual calls it Gourmet Pantry) freezes vegetables stored on the back left side only. I have noticed this for a several months now.

There is a temperature control for this tray and it is set at the highest setting (bottom of slider control).

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Some information in case it help: This fridge was stored unplugged in the garage for two years and I took it up to use it again last year. I don't recall any freezing problems when I used the fridge before storing it in the garage.  There is an icemaker for this model and it is in the freezer.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HN3

• Lighthouse

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not finding a tech sheet on this model. Is the tray control just a slide control that opens & closes a vent? Could be that it is not actually moving anything.

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I tried to move the slide control back up to the colder temperature but it kept sliding back down.  So something is not moving.  I recalled that it was not at the bottom (warmest temp setting) when I slide it down to the bottom.  There is a covering so I am not able to see if anything is blocking it from moving.

I do have the user manual if you want  me to take photos of it and upload that.

If you have any suggestion, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Hoang

7 hours ago, HN3 said:

I tried to move the slide control back up to the colder temperature but it kept sliding back down.  So something is not moving.  

Could be your problem there. May be broke and actully be on coldest setting. Would need to get to where you can take a good look at it.

I do have the user manual if you want  me to take photos of it and upload that.

Not what I was looking for. Wouldn't help

Hi,

Thank you for responding again.

I will have to hold off on this for a while since I am starting to re-roof my house.

When I get a chance I will see if I can open it and see why the slider is stuck and report back.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Hoang