Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

SHX68T55UC/02

hkp7

My Bosch,dishwasher is unresponsive. The "Add Rinse Aid" and "Add Salt" messages blink on the display whether the door is open or not, and if I press the power button, I hear a beep. Other than that, no buttons respond, and nothing activates. Any idea what would cause this? 

Thanks for the reply Econo Appliance; I was aware of the recall for the power cord, is there  recall for something else? Power is getting to the power controller. The power controller is visually perfect inside, there are no burnt relays, traces, etc. The program controller seems to be getting voltage at the red connector. I don't have any of the troubleshooting information to be able to determine what the proper voltages, or resistances should be at the various terminals. Based on what I'm seeing, I was guessing that the program controller might be bad, but I don't want to make a $100+ guess only to find out I guessed wrong. I'm also uncertain whether or not I would need to 'program', or 'code' either control module if I were to replace. 

Econo Appliance;

Is it possible that the door switch could be causing my problem? The switch has a hall effect device, is there a way to test it, or bypass it to rule it out?

I had a similar issue with this, could not get my hands on a control board from ny of my parts suppliers. Think Bosch knows they are having a problem with this unit, have the customer call BOSCH and see what they can do. Not worth spinning your wheels on this one

Have you tried to pull up the control memory for any existing error codes ?? That’s one of the first things you need to perform. As econo appliance had mentioned to you about the recall. I would check the connections at the Bosch power box making sure the in coming polarity for power is correct and That the connections and wiring in the terminal block of the bosh power box are definitely good and correctly tightened. Then repower  the dishwasher To see if that corrects the problem , if you haven’t already done that.  If it operates normally at this point , it may have just been a glitche in the main control.  If it still is not responding normally Then you need to check and see what error codes that the dishwasher may be giving you if any and start there to get an idea of the suspect part that may or may not be causing the problem. 

• Like 1

The incoming power is connected correctly. The main relay board appears pristine inside.  When it is energized, the "Add Salt", and "Rinse Aid" indicators flash continuously after about 5 seconds. These indicators come on, and flash whether the door is opened, or closed. When I try to pull up error codes, the buttons do not respond, the only response I get is a beep if I touch the 'On/Off' pad, but nothing changes on the display; it just keeps flashing "Add Salt", and "Rinse Aid".

:D It turns out the control module at the bottom-right rear of the machine was the culprit. Not sure what happened to it because it was visually flawless, but that was the problem.

Glad you were able to find the problem .hopefully it was not an expensive fix for you. Good luck