Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Thermador SEC301 oven error codes

Fritz

Set for the annual self clean for default 3 hrs.  All went well, except, at the end of the cycle, the door lock was clattering and I got F53.  I turned off the breaker for a bout 30 mins.

Reset, the door lock let go, but I had an F24 error.  Waited a few and toggled the breaker again for a 10 count.

All seems OK now.  I had replaced the PCB relay board a couple years back with a pull.  Is there anywhere on the board I can measure for errors or is the issue likely elsewhere.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darren412

• Fritz

• jvanhorn

• STAREPAIR

Im not positive but I think your model may fall under a safety recall for a situation with its oven insulation  being under insulated at certain points of the oven cabinet but not sure if your model falls under that recall.  Send your serial # also as that may help. That may or may not have something do with your problem . Which Thermador will come out to fix that at no charge if you have not already had the issue taken care if your model does indeed fall into that category.  

Good , if they did the fix properly .  You know how that goes.  Well if it’s ok now and it’s working normal again. From what you have said on the performance of the the door lock , and the f53 code ,  it sounds as though your oven  lock may Not be at it’s full potential.  In my opinion , Since you were able to reset your lock again. I would cease all oven cleaning cycles in the future. Like any oven  after self cleaning them a few times the oven is never the same again. Even if it still operates properly as it should. That would obviously be your call.  That error 24 if it has gone away after resetting the power supply, just keep an eye on it. If it still exists unfortunately you may have a stuck relay or intermittently sticking relay on the board possibly.  They like to change both glass touch panel and control board on the console with that error but  I would clean the glass touch panel good and if it still keeps pulling up the  F24 error I myself would replace the control board first only with  the description you are giving.  Even  though you had replaced it a while back. Then you can replace the glass touch panel if need be after. Again that’s my opinion. It can get very expensive replacing them both 

any idea as to which relay might be stuck?  I'm a former pro recording studio tech.  I have no problem with PCB work.

Is there a solenoid or such associated with the door lock that is prone to weakening?

There has to be visible signs on the pc board. I suggest you Replace the board Incase there are changes from the manufacturer that had to be done.   And replace the lock for the same reason .  If you do anything else that’s your call.  Good luck

• 7 months later...

Hey guys does anyone have the error code list for this unit? we are resolving code F33 but we don't have any error info at all on this unit

• 9 months later...

One of my techs is having an issue with this same model oven so instead of starting a new thread I am going to add to this one. Our model is SEC301BP/01 serial 850600669 and the issue is the unit is coming up with a F-24 code. Which we know is a code for the touch pad sticking. However the customer said it will works fine but near the end of her cooking and after turning the oven off the code will pop up. One thing my tech noticed when on site is as soon as the oven is turned off the cooling fan shuts off also and does not continue to run until the oven has cooled off some. The customer is telling my tech that the cooling fan always ran for awhile after the oven shuts off and now it doesn't.

My tech and I are both thinking the cooling fan should continue to run and because it is not the touch pad is being overheated and then causing the F-24 code to come up. Maybe moisture is shorting it out? We have the training manual but did not see anywhere in it that says the cooling fan will continue to run after cooking is done. The schematic does not show a thermostat in line with the motor that would either open or close to keep it running or not. It goes straight to the K14 relay on the board.  This motor does have a hall effect sensor but I did not think that was temperature related but my tech thinks it might be. So the question is should the fan continue to run after the oven has been turned off to cool the oven and if it should what determines when it should shut off. We would hate to get a touch pad only to have the recall because the problem is the fan motor. I should also mention my tech already installed the relay board.