Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kitchen Aid fridge KFIV29PCMS03

wader072174

wader072174

Hello,

I had a storm knock out my kitchen aid fridge compressor/inverter board. I replaced them together as compressor comes with new inverter board. I was wondering if anyone had experience with charging these units. The low side pressure is going from 20psi to a 20 vacuum throughout. My experience with traditional compressors is to charge to a 5psi low side and be done. Does anyone know what psi these inverter compressors usually run at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard Demint

• wader072174

• Royal

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Demint

Stop! You can not charge these systems by psi. You must weigh in the exact charge. well that is if you do not want to have issues like you are having. Is it a dual evaporator unit? different steps if thats the case. You change out filter drier? When correctly done and after an hour or so the low side should read just about 0psi, Any higher compressor not efficient, if your pulling down to -20 vaccum on your gauges then that would indicate a restriction. Remember the filter drier, if you did replace it which you most definitely should have  your capillary may have gotten brazed shut.

wader072174

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes this is a dual evaporator unit. The unit had been running for around three hours and I have a low side pressure of about 2 psi. And a freezer temp of 13 degrees and dropping very slowly. I completely get what you are saying about exact change. (These aren’t your grandpas compressors anymore.) Hoping I nailed charge based on luck and playing with charge. Won’t be doing this again! 

Richard Demint

on a dual evap unit there is a 3 way valve that needs to be in the home position(open to both evaps) before you can fully pull a vaccum. I always pull from low and high side. Follow these and you will get all moisture out of system and all should be good.

• 11 months later...

Frost on half of the EVAP coil...not freezing food..compressor hot to the touch