Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Fridge RS267TDRS Help 22e code plus more issues....

TexasDude

I have a Samsung Side by Side that is locked up on a 22e code. It has dual cooling in both the freezer and refrigerator. When I power on the refrigerator it immediately reads 22 E code. The lights are on inside, but nothing happens. I've done my homework, but a 22e code seems to be a simple refrigerator fan issue. However, wouldn't the freezer at least work if it was just the refrigerator fan? Again, the refrigerator is locked up and nothing can be done on the screen. Also, there is a clicking in the freezer door ice dispenser. The clicking sound looks like it's coming from the mechanism that turns the ice in the bin. 

I called a repairman and he said that both mother boards needed to be replaced at a minimum. He thought it could possibly have even more issues, but since he couldn't even get the refrigerator to do anything, that both motherboards needed to be replaced. Ugh. 

Thoughts? Thank you so much in advance

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TexasDude

• Richard Demint

• Lighthouse

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Demint

whats the background of this unit? meaning is it something you just bought or have been using for years? Sounds like you know how to do your homework so my best suggestion is to find the service manual online and try and go through diagnostics. I have only ever replaced one board on a samsung not a high failure part unless you have got hit with lightning or a power surge. Theory could be ref. fan shorted, throwing everything else out of wack.

It was a friend's refrigerator who used it as an extra fridge in his garage. We transported the refrigerator from his garage to my house this past weekend. I read online that I could lay it flat if I stood it up an equal amount of time. It was laid flat for the hour it took to get it from his house to mine. I then let it stand up for an entire day before I turned it on. It immediately through a 22e error. 

Richard Demint

Negative!!!! Maybe on an older fridge but no way on this one. Unplug it immediately! If your very lucky after a week and I mean most likely not, it will drain the oil back to compressor.

If that does not work, you may need someone that does sealed system work to repair this. Sorry wish I had better news.

17 hours ago, Richard Demint said:

Theory could be ref. fan shorted, throwing everything else out of wack.

This is true. had a shorted sensor shut one down. I would concentrate on the fan issue. Does it get voltage?