Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung washer spin cycle running too fast

VaultBoy

I have a Samsung WF419AAW/XAA 02 that is speeding up during spin cycle to the point that it sounds like a jet engine about to take off. Regardless of whether the spin is set to low or extra high, it will spin at the correct speed for a time, then near the end of the cycle it will speed up to light speed. When this happens, the timer jumps down anywhere between 5 and 8 minutes. So, for example, if there was 7 minutes left in the cycle, when the washer goes into warp drive the timer will jump down to 2 minutes remaining. This is very strange...something I have never seen before. Anyone have any idea what may be happening here? I can provide any further details required. Thank you!

6 hours ago, VaultBoy said:

it sounds like a jet engine about to take off

This is the problem description we hear all the time from customers when their tub bearings have failed. As far as for the rest it has probably doing that since day 1 but the noise has made you pay closer attention to what the cycles are doing

• Like 1

Richard Demint
3 hours ago, VaultBoy said:

Assuming this is the issue, how difficult are these to replace on average?

There is no assuming on this one my friend, Lighthouse is correct, it is your bearings that have failed. Skilled techs pass on these jobs because the are very time consuming. If you are a very handy and knowledgeable person and with a service manual and have access to tools you could do it but again very time consuming. The entire tub will need to be taken out to split open in order to do this job. Hope that gives you a good idea of what your getting into.

• Like 1

Ok, thank you. If I decided to get a tech to perform this operation, around what kind of cost am I looking at, including parts?

Also, I am looking on RepairClinic right now. Apparently they don't even sell the bearing by itself. I would have to purchase the rear drum with the bearing pre-installed. Is this normal?

Is this what you guys are referring to that is damaged?

It is normal for Samsung. Some manufactures do sell bearings separate. If I went into it I would also replace the basket support. I think that you are going to find that you are better off buying a new machine though. I had a friend insist that I repair her machine. I quoted her a price for parts & labor. She changed her mind real fast. it was about the same as a new machine.

• Haha 1

I see, was afraid of that. Perhaps we should look at some new washers during the Memorial Day sales...