Clicky

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Powerpeecee

Motor for Maytag A412

Powerpeecee

Hello,

I'm looking for a washing machine motor for a Maytag A412 washer from the 1980s(?).  It will buzz and refuse to spin up sometimes and when I pull the belts off the motor is squeaky and hard to turn, and the water pump and the big drive pulley for the transmission spin easily.

The part number listed on the motor is 2-1664-12 

Sometimes it will even stop in the middle of a wash, it squeaks especially bad when beginning the spin cycle though. Sounds like an old squeaky gate.

I have changed the belts on this washer previously, and there doesn't appear to be any oil leaking out of the transmission, it's one of the models with the counterweight transmission that spins with the tub during the spin cycle.

I see there are several available used on eBay but I was wondering if anyone knew a better place to get one.

Thanks for your time
-John

pdqpNDO.jpgNTqeY67.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Lighthouse
Posted (edited)

Click on link

Part number: AP4010201

Part number: AP4010201

Edited by Lighthouse
added info
  • Like 1

Powerpeecee

Thanks very much.  Can't give up on this old beast just yet. I'm stubborn and I refuse to give up on something until I just can't make it go anymore. 

evaappliance

:yes:

LearningTech

Your local mom/pop store is sure to have a few machines lying around. Around here most dealers have a small scrap yard and you can getone there