Clicky

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

scrystal

KCMC1575BSS1 Microwave/Convection Issue

scrystal

My Kitchen Aid microwave/convection oven suddenly stopped heating in convection oven mode. The microwave still works. There's also a grill/roast mode which also still works. In convection mode, it looks like it's working with the turntable turning, the fan running, etc., but it just never heats up.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Lighthouse

Is the convection heater element getting voltage to it? There is a thermal cut out for that element.

scrystal
9 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Is the convection heater element getting voltage to it? There is a thermal cut out for that element.

I'll have to see if I can find a wiring diagram and check that. Is the thermal cut out a switch that I can toggle back or would it need replacing if the element is not getting voltage?

Lighthouse

Thermal cut out is non resettable. It would need to be changed if it has voltage on 1 side but not the other or if it fails on an ohm's test.

scrystal

Thanks, Lighthouse. I found that the convection thermal cutout has continuity, but the thermal heating element does not. So, I'm assuming at this point, the thermal heating element needs to be replaced. Any idea how I get a part number to order here?

Lighthouse

From Whirlpool website

THIS MODEL IS A REPLACEMENT WARRANTY MODEL. THE ONLY SERVICE PARTS AVAILABLE ARE THE TURNTABLE PARTS LISTED ABOVE. DO NOT SCHEDULE A SERVICE CALL FOR THESE MODELS.