Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung electric DV56H9000EP/a2 thermostat failure

Mgross87

hey guys...have a samsung electric dryer model DV56H9000EP/a2 that CONTINUES to blow the thermostat/heating element relay since february....dryer vent line is clean & thermostat has been replaced on NUMEROUS occasions....when i tore it down this evening i noticed that one of the female terminals on the harness that connects to the male terminals of the thermosat has some black (like sparking/arcing) on the terminal.....the absolute only other theory i can come up with beyond the vent line itself is the blower motor....am i on the right track? at this point somewhat ready to just move on from this product but if i can give it one more attempt with looking for help i'll take it....thanks for any info provided!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mgross87

• sh2sh2

• LearningTech

Cant remember haveing one that did not have a reason it blew. Have always been able to identify and fix/ have HO fix

NEVER seen a blower motor be the issue.

sometimes the heater saggs during use and shorts and continues to heat and blows fuse.

Its nearly always airflow.

Airflow is:

the filter ( is it washed is water..?)

the DESIGN of the duct ( some are just too long/ bendy)

the Implementation of the duct design. Installed kinked?  Screws in joints? 

Clogged duct ( birds nest. Termination flap not opening?)

clogged air channel ( where the filter goes)

clogged  at the intake ( heater side of drum)

wind or some pressure from outside pushing in?

etc etc

10-4 it’s a Florida cookie cutter home built in 04...vent is straight up out of the roof and feels as if there is PLENTY of flow at the top while running...gonna clean the line out this weekend 100% and give it another go...machine is 2 years old with very minimal use...while the drum & everything has been out a handful of times now I’ve vacummed everything out and ensured cleanliness of all moving parts...even ran this through the warranty dept where we purchased the unit from and they came out and changed logic board, element relay, element, and a handful of thermostats as well...line had been cleaned after the 2nd time this happened so let’s give it one more go before I go out and buy a new unit...thanks again for the info!

Is the unit in a small room or closet, if so leave door open when dryer running for proper air flow

The laundry room is small and these specific units are LARGE so I’ve actually had to remove one of the laundry room doors permanently...had my vent cleaned the other day then replaced the thermostat...seems to be running fine but now the vent sensor light has come on and I don’t remember that being there before...the vent hose is not kinked nor is it extravagantly long...any ideas? Trying to avoid any down time if it were to pop the thermostat again because of it so I’ll get another one on the way just in case but just really trying to avoid buying a new dryer I suppose