Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dube5878

Dryer not heating up, burnt wire.

5 posts in this topic

For the 4th time in about a year my dryer has crapped out on me. The most recent failure, until now, was the thermofuse. Now my dryer runs but there is no heat and will not shut off after a cycle is complete. I opened the back to find that under the thermostat high limit is a white "harness". The red (power wire is my guess) wire going to this was burned at the end. Now is this serious or can I just clip off the end and re-attach the wire?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=9368]dube5878[/user] wrote:

For the 4th time in about a year my dryer has crapped out on me. The most recent failure, until now, was the thermofuse. Now my dryer runs but there is no heat and will not shut off after a cycle is complete. I opened the back to find that under the thermostat high limit is a white "harness". The red (power wire is my guess) wire going to this was burned at the end. Now is this serious or can I just clip off the end and re-attach the wire?

You can just repair or replace the wire, however you need to see why your dryer is overheating, usually a clogged vent system from the dryer to the outside or the cord is loose on the terminal block, would suspect a venting problem first...

Repaired wire and reconfigured my venting. Suspected venting also but wanted to see what the pros said! My vent outlet in the wall was not a well thought plan, it's up about 4 inches over my dryer's exhuast, and to the left about 4 inches. Consequently I have to have the dryer sitting off the wall about 2 feet to get good flow. Thanks much, this is the best advise about my appliances I've ever had!

:cool: