LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Grey drain hose on Kenmore HE2 front loader leaks above pump

jcmaca

I believe I located the source of a leak on my Kenmore HE2 front load washer.  The grey hose that runs from the bottom (near or attached to the pump) up to the top, has been abrading against a stabilizer/mounting bar, causing it to leak.  How difficult is it to replace this hose, what is the part number, and how do I avoid this problem reoccurring

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lighthouse

• jcmaca

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, jcmaca said:

How difficult is it to replace this hose, what is the part number, and how do I avoid this problem reoccurring

No way to tell you without a model number, which should be on a tag around the door area somewhere. 

Not a hard job. I don't think I have not had this happen on this particular model but have had other models that this happened on. Sometimes the hose just needs to be moved over a little & secured. You can also put something to absorb the chaffing. Something like a piece of rubber hose ty-wrapped to the grey hose.