Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

wfw94hexw2 new controller shows interface error?

djhelmkamp

Washer does nothing except turn on "add garment" light and then lock the door.   cycle does not start, and door does not unlock. 

Original error code was e01 F06.   Technician replaced door lock and CCU.   Now error shows E03 F06 (communications error to user console).   w10427967 CCU was used for replacement.

We have tried a second w10427967, and also a second user interface console.   When the new CCUs are used, the E03 F06 occurs with both consoles.  When the old CCU is used, the original behavior described above returns (that is, console works, but washer only operates as per first sentence above).

this seems like the new CCU is not compatible with old consoles???  Or are we misinterpreting these error codes?

S/N C22850058

thanks...we are very stumped.

-dave

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djhelmkamp

• 16345Ed

• EPAppliancepros

• adamsappl12

FYI its F06E01, and F06E03, 

but that dont matter too much

original code is a ccu mcu comm error, the other code is a ccu UI error

somethings up with the model im only showing it can be accurate up to wfw92he_____

3 hours ago, LearningTech said:

somethings up with the model im only showing it can be accurate up to wfw92he

Model pulls up on Service Matters. They show W10427967 to be the correct part number. Is there a different number on the original board? 

5 hours ago, djhelmkamp said:

Original error code was e01 F06.   Technician replaced door lock and CCU.

Were ALL the test followed on the tech sheet before changing board? 

F6E1 COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN CCU AND MCU

Communication between the Central Control Unit and the MCU has not been detected.

Possible Causes

• Check door switch operation. Faulty switch may interfere with power to MCU.
• Check drive system for worn or faulty components.
• Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU. See wiring diagrams on pages 23–24. 

See TEST #1 (CCU Power Check) on page 13.
See TEST #3 (Motor Circuit) on page 15.

MCU a very common failure on this machine. Pull it off and look for bulging capacitor &/or burn marks on it

thanks all.

the existing CCU is w10406607  rev d.   all sites suggest the w10427967 to be the replacement.  the w10427967 CCUs that  I've seen are re-labeled parts, which i take to mean they are re-built/re-programmed.

unfortunately i was not present when the parts were first replaced, so i don't know if an MCU problem was investigated.  I will do that.

any ideas on why the new controllers are showing a CCU/UI error, even with two different user consoles, but old CCU does not?   If I can't crack that nut I hesitate to buy other parts.

thanks

34 minutes ago, djhelmkamp said:

thanks all.

the existing CCU is w10406607  rev d.   all sites suggest the w10427967 to be the replacement.  the w10427967 CCUs that  I've seen are re-labeled parts, which i take to mean they are re-built/re-programmed.

unfortunately i was not present when the parts were first replaced, so i don't know if an MCU problem was investigated.  I will do that.

any ideas on why the new controllers are showing a CCU/UI error, even with two different user consoles, but old CCU does not?   If I can't crack that nut I hesitate to buy other parts.

thanks

All tests need performed like Lighthouse said. 

MCU is very common problem and most likely again in this case. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
EPAppliancepros

Same issue here. Dispenser motor was originally the culprit. It burned out along with the wire harness. Replaced both and was not getting power to dispenser motor. Replaced CCU now getting F06-E03. 2 CCU boards later and still error. Checked wiring and voltage. All correct. I also believe replacement w10427967 is not compatible with UI. Model on washer is wfw94hexr1. Bummer is UI is no longer available. 

• 2 months later...

Anybody ever replace the MCU to see if this is correcting f6e03 error. I replaced ccu for f01e01 error,  now getting f6e03 error . When put into diagnostics it sits on c00 and never moves. Otherwise constant f6e03 error

MCU is generally the culprit for f6e3

you can remove it and inspect it. Often the damage is visible. 

• 1 year later...

well, a year later and this machine still sits waiting for the right tech to show up.

following up on adamsappl12 comment from 2/23/19, we see the same behavior when unit is put in diagnostic mode.

the interface diagnostics pass 100%.  User interface (front panel) was replaced too, just for kicks, and it also shows no UI errors.

c00 diagnostics is door lock and pump test.   Could this be a bad door wiring or mechanism?  We replaced door lock, but diagnostics

run the same way--that is, they stop when they do c00 test.  I could check the wiring next.

If anyone has learned more about this F06E03 puzzle this past year, I would appreciate hearing!  In the meantime I will visually

inspect MMU just to be sure.

I had this issue a couple years ago,  basically version dosnt match,  think the only option was to replace the user interace as well. Not sure what was the  end result but i think customer opted to buy a new,  

• 2 years later...