Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mestre

Fisher and Paykel Problem

4 posts in this topic

my old gentle anne constantly beeps when you turn it on at the wall and its not turned on from the panel. when i turn it off then on it still beeps

any ideas?:?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number, serial number and what sort of appliance might this be...

[user=894]mestre[/user] wrote:

my old gentle anne constantly beeps when you turn it on at the wall

Me old shalalee keeps strumming along, singin' its song, day after day.  Do ya have new tune for a besotted old coot?

This could be one of a few things: moisture in the top control panel - remove the lid and undo the six screws that secure the top panel( it will not come off , you will have to unplug a six wire connector from the board and this will free it up but not completely) check for moisture, if found, dry out with hair dryer and before refitting board run a bead of neutral silicon sealant down both sides and along the bottom edge that the top panel fit against. If it is still working but beeping constantly remove the board as above and cut the speaker off the circut board( a round blue disc( turn it on and listen to where the noise is coming from, but the six wire connector will need to be plugged in( but turn off and unplug before cutting))) and refit as per above. Alternatively it could be a faulty motor control board and this is where it starts to get expensive. At this point you should get a service tech to call. I hope this helps.