LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.

Cabrio WTW8200YWO

Claude

When power on,within seconds it sounds like pump draining.  No water though.  Does this noise no matter what setting.  When power off, seconds later,the pumping/ draining noise returns.  No lights on panel are lit.      Checked all hoses,screens,filters.  Replace water motor rotor sensor and hose.  Still making draining/pumping sound.  Have already run diagnostics.  Ran water test by pouring water in tub.   Water drained out.  But tub didnt spin.     Am at total loss here.  

Any suggestions?  Cabrio washer seems to be in a stuck draining/pumping mode.  Even when power off it sounds like it's doing it.  Regardless of what cycle I use.  Yes, I have run diagnostics.  Stops.  Goes into draining/pumping sound.  Drum not turning during it or water isnt being pumped in.  Just sounds like it. 

How are stopping pump? Unplugging it?

Let it run till the control is satisfied. Sometimes they may run 10 minutes but let the control get satisfied before unplugging it. Next step would be to get error codes to find out what happened. Sometimes everything works fine once you let the control finish.

• Like 2

sounds like a bad board .  The main  control  board in this model  incorporates the water level sensing part of the wash cycles in the board itself. there is not a separate water level switch.   from the description of the symptom the sensing of the water level may have failed and it thinks the tub has water in it when it doesn't.  If The drain pump is running like you mentioned when it is powered off points to the board also.  Pull the water level hose off the main board and blow through it to make sure it is clear all the way to the water level chamber then reattach the hose back on the main control.  Tub needs to be fully drained also when doing this.  check what error codes you have as Lighthouse has told you.  run a test wash and let it finish to the end without interruption .   in my opinion this is not one of the better models.   This model has many issues.   

Thank you.  We ordered the main control board.  Will be in on 3 days.   Not happy.  Two years ago we replaced suspension rods and bearings.  Now this.  After this,no more monies into it.  Machine will be scrap metal.   Will keep posted if board works.  Thank you. 

when did you order the board ?     I'm assuming you tried everything else first that was suggested for you to do ?

• Like 2

Seen long fill cause what you are describing. Could be something as simple as dirty valve screen. That is why I said to check error codes.