LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

KitchenAid Dishwasher KDFE104DBL2 premature finish

thirteenrs7

My KitchenAid KDFE104DBL2 dishwasher is behaving very strangely. It shows it is finished, however, sometimes we will find a small pile of soap powder laying in the bottom when using the ProWash setting. Other times the dishes will be wet, even though we selected Heat Dry. We have tried different combinations of settings and the thing just seems to be working strangely.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lighthouse

• thirteenrs7

Very common problem on these dishwasher is for the wash motor to stop. It will run through all the cycles but never spray water around. That would explain the detergent problem. Pump could be working intermittently. Next cycle you run give it a little time to get filled listen to it to see if you can hear it spraying water. Open the door to see if water is dripping down from upper rack. You could also turn a glass upright in the upper rack and see it it fills up with water.

Got to see if pump is getting voltage when it should be. If it is and the pump is not working then the whole sump should be replaced.

Part number: AP6023350

Part number: AP6023350

Edited by Lighthouse
Added wording

Please bear with my ignorance. How/where do I check the voltage? What should it be if the motor is supposed to be running?

Are you comfortable taking voltage readings on a live circuit? Do you have a good volt meter? Is there a tech sheet on the inside of the bottom kick plate?

Should be 2 blue wires at the board. Leave the connected and check for 120 vac when the pump should be running

Should be 2 blue wires at the board. Leave the connected and check for 120 vac when the pump should be running

• 1 month later...

I ended up replacing the circ motor and sump. Water sloshing around like crazy. However, the dishes don't dry at all, even though we selected the drying option.

Any other ideas?