Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
hubeid

Maytag Neptune codes

7 posts in this topic

We've had our Neptune for ~ 4 years without any troubles.  Yesterday, it blew the circuit breaker.  We reset the breaker thinking "That was odd".  We started the washer back up again, only to discover that the drum wouldn't move under it's own power.  I could spin it freely by hand, but the machine wouldn't spin it.  At the end of each cycle we tried using, the display would just show an 'Lr' code.  Any idea what the 'Lr' code means?  We did purchase an extended on this machine, so the repair person is coming out this week to take a look at it.  I'm just curious as to what the problem actually is.  I've read about several folks having circuit board and motor issues on their machines.  Could we have just lost our circuit board?  Popping the breaker seems indicative of an electrical component failing and causing a spike...  Ideas??  Thanks...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Lr = Locked Rotor. 

Post your model number for more pearls of wisdom.

Model number is MAH5500B.   Locked rotor? :yikes:  Is that as bad as it sounds?

:shock: Ouch!  Glad we bought the extended service.  I'm sure the repair bill would be more than the $700 we paid for the machine itself.  Thanks for the info...

IF you had extended service, why bother seeking out DIY repair info?  :huh:

Because I wanted to know what I'd be fixing when our extended service runs out (next year).  I'll be here when the tech is doing the repair so I can get an idea of what needs to be done to replace the parts.  From other folks' experience, it sounds like I'll be expecting more of these kinds of repairs on this particular washer.;)