Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lfhb2741pf0 board shorted by me :(

Duckwize

I have a Frigidaire French door that wasnt cooling in the refrigerator portion.  Freezer and ice maker were cold.  I was troubleshooting the evaporator fan, and checking the voltages.  I'm pretty sure I grounded the +12v.  The unit died instantly.  I now get a sy c.f. Fault.  Argh!  Pretty sure that was a costly 140 mistake.  

With that said the evaporator fan was not running.  The voltages I was getting were 12v on certain legs.  Until my troubleshooting was done due to grounding on a coil...I think.

The resistance shows 1.8k and 18k between red and brown and red and Blue 20k between brown and blue. 

Now I can't troubleshoot due to my oops.  Any thoughts?  Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Duckwize

• Rob Fowler

Sorry.  The resistance is 1.8k red and brown.  18k red and blue.   20k blue and red. Yellow acts like a signal, conditions change with the fan

At this point you may not have enough information to make a good determination of your original problem. I suggest replacing the board and use the tech sheet to put the unit into diagnostic test mode and check the thermistor, damper motor function, fan and even the defrost circuit. But you will need a functioning control board to do this.

Hi Rob, thank you for that.  I was looking up the info on the dc fan, and realized that I need more than just 12 volts.  Gotta love electronics.  When I get this up and running, do you think there is a service manual for said fridge?  I searched, but it wasn't specific enough.  

Again, thank you for the help!  

PS just purchased the board on repairclinc.  Should have the board tomorrow to start tests.  

Rob.  I installed the new board when I got home.  We have a new issue.  The fridge does not power up.  It acts like its shorting out.  When I plug it in, the fridge powers up for a split second and shuts down and powers up and shuts down.  So I put the old one back in.  The UI panel loads just fine with the old board, but of course the unit still doesnt run.  Just to the UI.    What do you recommend from here?  I just bought a 163 dollar board that is useless.  

I let it keep cycling once I realized it wasn't the compressor doing it.  It finally timed out and gave me the SY CE error code.  Still nothing lights up or hums.  The light on the ice maker can turn on and off though

After doing a little more tinkering, I am wondering if when I shorted out the evap fan to the coil, if I took out the UI board and hopefully not the main board.  It's seeming neither main board is able to communicate to the UI.  Both give me the sy CF/CE error.  The red and black wires from the ui have 14-16 volts when not connected to the board.  The white wire is the communications wire and that has continuity from UI to main.  I dont know what is suppose to travel on the white wire, but maybe UI isn't speaking to the main.  Originally I thought the main wasn't speaking to the UI.  Just a thought.  

To those that are interested.  The new UI board did not help the cause.   It turns out the ice maker 12vdc fan shorted out.  When I removed that out of the circuit everything started to run as should.  Yes, I needed a new main board, but that was the root of my issue this whole time.  I lucked out.  Now as soon as my UI board sells on EBay I'll be super happy.