LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ariston LI 660 A dishwasher trips breaker immediately upon plugging in

MarcL

Howdy.

This dishwasher tripped the breaker at some point today. When I reset the breaker if trips again immediately, even with the power button in Off position. 

I have tried plugging it into an outlet on a different circuit and it sets off loud popping/arcing sounds somewhere inside the dishwasher.

I have taken the covers off and see no sign of arcing around the pump motors. The only thing that doesn't look perfect to me is light corrosion on the bottom lip of the wash pump motor on the edge closest to the pump. There is zero moisture in the pan or on the motor so I'm thinking this was some time ago.

Anything come to mind that would be an obvious cause of this? Any troubleshooting I can do?

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarcL

• Budget Appliance Repair

• rasputista

Is there possibly a failure mode that would cause a short?

For example, when the heating element or the control board fail, do they sometimes cause this type of symptom? 

Disassembly the lower kickpanel and junction box where the power cord connects to the dishwasher - good chance you will find burnt/bad connections to the power cord in the junction box of the dishwasher.

Ok so a little gizmo right where the main power enters the case has had its bottom blown clean off so it seems pretty obvious that this is the problem.

I tried posting a photo but that seems to not be a straightforward process. It's a white, thumb-sized plastic cylinder with the following written on it:

EM 132400

PROCOND ELLETRONICA

416 26 005

Anyone know what this is? Anyone know why it might have blown up?

cheers

I've ordered what I hope is the correct replacement.

I'm still hoping someone can shed some light on why it might have popped in the first place so I don't risk blowing up the new one right away.

Was it a failure of the filter itself or did it blow because of something else? 

• 4 months later...

I worked on Ariston in South Africa and all appliances there had to have this on by law to stop electronic "noise" interfering with TV and radio, I used to replace or bridge out. These caused plenty problems with earth leakage units (GFI) too. They die from old age or power surges etc.