Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch SHE4ARF2UC/22 Dishwasher not completing cycles

dropthemic

For the last several days my dishwasher has been stopping mid cycle. Sometimes it would restart after just pressing the Start button or opening the door, closing and pressing the start button. Now it is not restarting. The DW stops with lots of water in the bottom. The timer blinks. Pressing the Start button has no effect. By holding the power button for around 10 seconds I was able to get it to reset and start again; it ran for a few minutes then stopped again. As soon as I can find the time I'll check drain line (though what I can see looks clear). Is there a diagnostic test or cycle I can run? What are the best troubleshooting steps? Thanks for any help - forums like these and people like you are a godsend.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dropthemic

• Ian B

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to run it again this morning and was able to get it into Cancel mode and it ran long enough to drain the water at the bottom of the dishwasher. So it seems that if it runs long enough it will in fact drain. I'm thinking the door switch?  Should I hear any clicking when trying to activate the switch manually? I don't.

When you hit cancel and drain the water out, is there any water sitting at the bottom? This unit will stop if either it doesn’t drain completely or if the door opens. When the door opens, the red light and/or display lights will blink. If the door isn’t closed properly, this is when the door may open mid cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I took out the door switch and the latch that pulls the door in was stuck and wasn't pulling the door shut like it should. Once this was freed, the dishwasher went back to operating normally.

Thanks for the feedback!