LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

New Appliance Service Manual added: GE Dishwasher Control Board Replacement Part Instruction

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

GE Dishwasher Control Board Replacement Part Instruction

View File

Models:

GDF520 GDF540 GDF570

ADT521PGF GDT530 ZDT800

GDT535 GDT740 PDT750

ADT521PGJ DDT575 DDT595 GDT545 GDT550 GDT580 GDT590 ZDT870

GDF610 GDF620 GDF650 PDT760

GDT625
GDT635
GDT655
GDT680 11 GDT695

PDT845 PDT846

GDT720
PDT720 12PDT855

PDF820 ZDT975

PDT825 ZDT915

PUB 31-31579

• 4 months later...

First time requesting help.  Model GDT655SMJ0ES will just ding like the door it open.  Customer replaced latch before calling me.  I did test that the latch is closing and that the harness is good all the way to the control board under the front of the door.  I inspected the control board and could not find any visible issues.  It does not have a service manual that I could find.  I reseated all the connectors and the touch control connectors.  It does respond to all of my button pushes but will not start.  

Any ideas?  I am tempted to just change the main control board but it is not local and I would have to order and no returns on electrical installed parts. 

• 1 year later...

Hey I know this is way late but we just fixed our first dishwasher with the same issue. When you put it into test mode it will say the door is opened. We verified proper door switch operation as well as wire continuity. Since the door switch reports to the main control underneath the unit we opted to replace it. Same issue after replacing. Mind you the UI acts normal except it will not start a cycle due to thinking the door is open. At this point we called GE for some further guidance at got this helpful nugget. The user interface at the top of the door contains the operating software. The door switch reports to the main control which in turn reports to the user interface that the door is shut. The user interface is not recognizing the signal from the main board or the main board is not sending it.In this case we had already replaced the main so we were pretty sure that wasn't the issue. GE doesn't specify how this communication takes place and I haven't had the time to study it further. It may be a digital signal that can't be tested. Ether way GE recommends a main, a UI and a door harness for this issue. I would assume if you ohm out the harness and it checks good then it shouldn't be a problem but they did change the part number and they said the have had nearly broken wires inside the insulation cause the issue. To be safe we did all three since the customer had already waited a while and the harness was cheap. It now works like a champ again. Well at least like a cheap GE dishwasher should. It appears they have updated the main and UI as well as the harness. I don't like to be an unnecessary parts changer but in this case it would appear that the Main, UI and harness should be changed together with the updated parts for a solid repair. GE doesn't give much info on what is happening between these boards so it makes further troubleshooting hard. If someone wants to chime in and enlighten me that would be great. Otherwise next time we are just going to verify proper door switch operation and door switch harness continuity and then recommend all three parts to our COD customers until GE comes out with a bulletin or more information. Hopefully this helps someone out there. We have hundreds of these units in our service area so passing on this repair is not really an option and we will see this again.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, Cville Appliance said:

we will see this again.

Im dealing with a similar issue.

Have you guys had anymore issues with this particular one, or any others?

Thanks for the info 

On 8/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, Cville Appliance said:

Hey I know this is way late but we just fixed our first dishwasher with the same issue. When you put it into test mode it will say the door is opened. We verified proper door switch operation as well as wire continuity. Since the door switch reports to the main control underneath the unit we opted to replace it. Same issue after replacing. Mind you the UI acts normal except it will not start a cycle due to thinking the door is open. At this point we called GE for some further guidance at got this helpful nugget. The user interface at the top of the door contains the operating software. The door switch reports to the main control which in turn reports to the user interface that the door is shut. The user interface is not recognizing the signal from the main board or the main board is not sending it.In this case we had already replaced the main so we were pretty sure that wasn't the issue. GE doesn't specify how this communication takes place and I haven't had the time to study it further. It may be a digital signal that can't be tested. Ether way GE recommends a main, a UI and a door harness for this issue. I would assume if you ohm out the harness and it checks good then it shouldn't be a problem but they did change the part number and they said the have had nearly broken wires inside the insulation cause the issue. To be safe we did all three since the customer had already waited a while and the harness was cheap. It now works like a champ again. Well at least like a cheap GE dishwasher should. It appears they have updated the main and UI as well as the harness. I don't like to be an unnecessary parts changer but in this case it would appear that the Main, UI and harness should be changed together with the updated parts for a solid repair. GE doesn't give much info on what is happening between these boards so it makes further troubleshooting hard. If someone wants to chime in and enlighten me that would be great. Otherwise next time we are just going to verify proper door switch operation and door switch harness continuity and then recommend all three parts to our COD customers until GE comes out with a bulletin or more information. Hopefully this helps someone out there. We have hundreds of these units in our service area so passing on this repair is not really an option and we will see this again.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated, i am servicing a GE that symptoms are a dead Display, first time I went there took wire harness from Bottom of the main board check wires continuity and put it back all came back on, I figured bad connection or a main board issue, customer called 3 weeks later same issue, this time didnt come back on, so i read about the software update, but I cant get the lights to come on when trying for consumer error mode as it suggest on service bulletin, thought about replacing user interface, but is not a cheap part, almost worth buying new dishwasher if starting throwing parts in, any idea?

I always quote both boards. Nothing else has ever been a reliable repair.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I had a customer who called a repair service about the unit not starting. they replaced the control board and the unit worked for a while then exhibited the same symptoms as before. Customer had been referred to me by a friend and called me about replacing the UI board. They obtained the part and I installed it. After putting everything back together and applying power the unit still did not work and just displayed one LED. I took it all back apart and reseated all connectors, Reassembled and applied power. It worked this time.

Learning opportunity: always double check all connections are seated properly before closing any unit back up.